Volunteer: Translation for PHAR Vacancies in Catchafire San Jose, CA
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Catchafire in San Jose, CA 2022
About the job
Help PHAR reach volunteers, beneficiaries, and supporters who speak a different language by translating their communications materials.
To educate and empower low-income residents to improve our own communities through collective action
Fun Fact About Us
PHAR is black-run organization that is entirely governed by low income residents in Charlottesville! We are a grassroots organization that organizes and advocates with our residents.
What You’ll Work On
- Specific copy from one document (up to 1000 words) translated from one language to one other of the Organization’s choice
- Note: If you need more than 1000 words translated or copy translated into more than one language, please post additional versions of this project
PHAR would like a .mp4 file audio file of the text provided in Burmese.
- Experience as a translator and copy editor
- Proficient in English and the desired language of the Organization
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 5-30 hours over 1-5 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Vacancy Type: Volunteer · Associate
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Application Deadline: N/A