Volunteer: Event Concept & Plan for Philly Peace in Progress Vacancies in Catchafire Houston, TX
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Catchafire in Houston, TX 2022
About the job
Help Philly Peace in Progress think through their event concept and plan to ensure their event is a smashing success.
Philadelphia Peace in progress exists to teach youth in West Philadelphia from ages of 10 to 25 that have been impacted by trauma and how to deal with obstacles they encounter throughout life. The skills they learn will help them not only resolve conflicts more healthily but also build resilience.
Our services will cultivate positive leaders and promote better decision makers by providing educational and cultural enrichment, mentoring, life transformation skills, and empower youth and their families
Fun Fact About Us
We love doing fun projects. We like to teach how to resolve conflict in fun innovative ways!
What You’ll Work On
- 3-5 one hour calls with an events professional covering topics like concept, general structure, logistics, and target attendees
- A written summary of topics discussed, including event concept and theme, general plan, estimated budget (optional), and articulated goals (feel free to use this template as a starting point)
- Note: This project does not include on-site event coordination or support on the day of the event
Youth Violence Prevention Event. prospective date August 20th 2022
- Event Planning
- Experience in project management and/or event planning
- Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 10-20 hours over 3-5 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Vacancy Type: $28.50/hr – $44.80/hr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A