Volunteer: Storytelling for Hearts of Empowerment careers in Catchafire Newark, NJ
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Catchafire in Newark, NJ 2022
About the job
Help Hearts of Empowerment enhance their annual reports, grant applications, and other marketing materials with compelling narratives about their organization’s mission, activities, and achievements.
Our mission is to provide project planning for charities through the strength of collaboration.
Fun Fact About Us
In a nutshell, we are a nonprofit for nonprofits. No matter your cause, we believe that every nonprofit deserves a fighting chance to continue their mission. We are committed to helping charities get the support they need to keep their doors open.
What You’ll Work On
- A compelling narrative, or set of stories
- Persuasive copy that can be used in appeals to donors, annual reports, grant applications, and media relations
- Popular examples: Organization’s founding story, a program achievement or milestone, a look back at the past few years, organizational backgrounder, etc.
- Note: This project is not intended to support your general content planning or marketing but there are several projects in our Marketing & Communications category which are a good fit!
Looking for a compelling way of storytelling regarding a new program launch dedicated to education and mentorship for at-risk youth in Southeast DC.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Familiarity with narrative storytelling
- Ability to conduct interviews, synthesize information and craft stories for marketing purposes
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 10-15 hours over 1-4 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Vacancy Type: Volunteer · Associate
Job Location: Newark, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A