This Jobsfunter Listing is about Carus in Peru, IL 2022
About the job
Do you have a knack for identifying opportunities to mitigate risk, reduce cost and increase efficiencies within processes? Do you enjoy collaborating with others to generate solutions to urgent issues? If so, then come join a collaborative team that takes supply chain management to the next level!
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Procurement Specialist will:
- Manage purchasing process to efficiently procure materials, equipment, and contract services while ensuring internal and external stakeholders’ compliance with Carus purchasing policy requirements.
- Be the analytical lead for the supplier qualification process, which includes initiation, detailed analysis, and recommendation of the best value supplier which meets compliance program requirements.
- Research, recommend and execute on material and/or service cost and risk reduction supplier opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with suppliers for assigned products and materials
- Forecast future raw material pricing using commodity indexes.
- Identify, implement and document purchasing and supply chain process improvements and policy updates.
The right candidate will have the ability to leverage strong time-management capabilities in an environment with rapidly changing priorities and time constraints. Your credentials ideally include:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred OR a minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing, supply chain, and materials management experience.
- ISM or APICS certifications preferred
- A high degree of integrity and a willingness to accept and delegate responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience with back-office process improvement.
- Strong Excel proficiency and data analysis skills.
- Detail-oriented with prior experience in ERP and MRP purchasing systems (BaaN, IFS or Maximo preferred).
- Strong ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and understand the audience.
Carus is a highly respected, family-owned company with deep roots in Illinois’ Starved Rock Country. We develop and manufacture products that clean the air, water and soil, and we are always exploring new opportunities and initiatives to expand our reach.
For over 100 years, Carus has been the employer of choice in the greater LaSalle-Peru area. Through several local outreach initiatives, we actively support our local community and STEM education.
It’s an exciting time to join the Carus team.
- The Peru business headquarters is undergoing a full office renovation.
- The LaSalle manufacturing facility is about to break ground on an expansion project.
- We have a new strategy to accelerate growth and are executing at a high level.
- We are rooted in history but focused on the future!
Employees enjoy incredible work life balance and exceptional benefits.
- Flexible work schedule, work from home days and summer work hours.
- Generous PTO and 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision and 401(k) plans as well as company-paid basic life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program for employees and their dependents.
- Employee engagement, company-sponsored volunteer opportunities and STEM education initiatives.
Want to learn more about Carus? Visit www.carusllc.com or check us out on Facebook @carusllc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Peru, IL
Application Deadline: N/A