This Jobsfunter Listing is about Cartus in Swindon, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Job Title: International Relocation Co-ordinator (Remote Working, in the UK)
Department: International Assignment Services
Reports To: Client Services Manager
- Do you want to work with a company who has been voted ‘Great Place to Work’ for the 4th year running and the Forbes World’s Best Employers for 2021?
- Are you looking for a rewarding and fast paced role where you support companies and individuals to relocate globally?
- Are you looking to work completely remote within the UK?
- Do you thrive from a busy and demanding role?
- Do you enjoy customer service, project coordination and managing your own workload?
Then look no further a role at Cartus is for you!
Cartus is a global trusted industry leader, guiding clients through thousands of corporate relocation programs, large and small, unique and complex. For more than 60 years, Cartus has helped relocating employees and their families find their way to new homes, new communities, and new experiences.
We do it through an unwavering focus on listening and delivering services, solutions, and expertise that respond to their needs and the needs of their companies around the world.
About The Role
Due to continued growth and success we are looking for enthusiastic customer service professionals to work in a varied and fast paced environment which offers great benefits and long term career opportunities. A role where no two days are the same, and each day will supply new challenges to face head on whilst you provide exceptional customer service.
In this role, you will be working from home, supplied with virtual on boarding and training. With occasional travel to our Swindon Hub, you do have to be located within the UK for this role.
You will serve as the prime navigator and owner of the relocation process for the assignees from start to finish. Working within a busy environment with multiple customers to co-ordinate every aspect of the relocation process.
Some Of Your Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Act as the single point of contact and coordination for all phases of the international relocation process making sure this is handled with integrity, professionalism, and understanding on an international scale
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of all relocation services based on individual client policies
- Build long term relationships with all customers and ensure an excellent customer service is provided and in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain all internal and external relationships
- Take responsibility for all elements of the relocation and demonstrate knowledge on all services and products
Whilst a number of underpinning processes are apparent there will regularly be the need to work independent of these and demonstrate the ability to think creatively.
Previous experience in global mobility is desired but not essential. Our market leading training can upskill you in every aspect of relocation.
This role operates at a professional level, and as such requires the holder to be able to think laterally and be highly flexible. Working within a busy environment with multiple customers co-ordinating every aspect of the relocation process.
You will bring a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a role which requires strong customer service /coordination/project management skills with the ability to manage a high volume of work and a busy mailbox within a fast paced environment.
You must have excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills and be able to work both on personal initiative and in a team environment. You will have a high level of accuracy and process orientated. As this role is completely working from home you will need to be able to work independently and use your own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have experienced travelling and living abroad, great customer service skills or have a strong project coordination background.
Why Join Us
As a Cartus employee you will be part of a global company who focuses on Diversity, inclusion and equality.
We foster a supportive, fun and open environment. Cartus supports their employees in different ways, from career and professional development to physical and mental wellbeing. As a Cartus employee you will have access to the below and more:-
- Extensive new hire training
- Full IT equipment provided
- Reward & Recognition Programmes
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional days off for your birthday and for Christmas Eve
- Private Medical Scheme
- Long Term Sickness insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount platforms
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Resource Groups
How To Apply…
Do you feel like you would be a good fit for this role? If so, then be sure to click apply.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is the leading and most integrated provider of U.S. residential real estate services, encompassing franchise, brokerage, and title and settlement businesses as well as a mortgage joint venture. Realogy’s diverse brand portfolio includessome of the most recognized names in real estate: Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate , Century 21® , Coldwell Banker® , Coldwell Banker Commercial® , Corcoran® , ERA® , Sotheby’s International Realty® . Using innovative technology, data and marketing products, best-in-class learning and support services, and high-quality lead generation programs, Realogy fuels the productivity of independent sales agents, helping them build stronger businesses and best serve today’s consumers. Realogy’s affiliated brokerages operate around the world with approximately 190,000 independent sales agents in the United States and more than 112,000 independent sales agents in 113 other countries and territories.
At Realogy, diversity fuels success – for our company and for our employees. We strive to be the preferred company for diverse talent, committed to creating an inclusive environment that encourages everyone to succeed. We pursue talent – strategic thinkers who are eager to innovate, focused on execution and accountable for results. We value diversity – respecting backgrounds, cultures, perspectives.
You’ll find our commitment to diversity reflected in our achievements:
- Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Diversity.
- Recognized on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index .
- Recognized for gender diversity on our board of directors by Executive Women of New Jersey and Women’s Forum of New York.
- First residential real estate company to endorse the Equality Act and fully support H.R. 1447 amending the Fair Housing Act to include LGBTQ+ as protected classes.
With diversity, we succeed together. We hope you’ll join us.
Cartus is the trusted industry leader , guiding clients through thousands of corporate relocation programs, large and small, unique and complex. Ideally equipped to lead, Cartus is ready to help your business – whenever, wherever your relocation program is headed. For more than 60 years, Cartus has helped relocating employees and their families find their way to new homes, new communities, and new experiences. We do it through an unwavering focus on listening and delivering services, solutions, and expertise that respond to their needs and the needs of their companies around the world. Whatever the move or location, we couple personal attention with the expertise gained through more than 4 million moves and a diverse client base.
Cartus is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of sex, marital status, age, disability, colour, race, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, employment status, state of health, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or Trade Union membership.
We are wholly committed to the principle and the practice of equal opportunities in employment and recognize the benefits that a diverse workforce has to offer in adding value to the business and improving organisational performance. We believe in putting these principles into practice and we promote this in all aspects of working life at Cartus. However these principles are especially pertinent in the recruitment and selection processes, transfer, termination, redundancy, leave of absence, discipline, retirement, compensation, benefits, working conditions, training and further education.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A