North American Rail Service Manager careers in Cargill Wayzata, MN
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Cargill in Wayzata, MN 2022
About the job
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The North American Rail Service Manager will be responsible to support Cargill’s Shipment Execution Team and Cargill’s businesses in their efforts to plan and execute rail logistical activities moving materials and products from origin to destination, meeting customer’s needs. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and measuring key transportation service metrics showing rail carrier performance historically, and provide Cargill stakeholders with a forward view on how rail carriers are expected to perform in order to execute a reliable supply chain and mitigate logistical risk. This role will also work with the rail carriers to escalate and prioritize near-term service needs and be responsible for working with rail carriers to resolve systemic service problems impacting rail service to/from Cargill rail facilities. You will also develop and foster relationships with business partners and transportation vendors.
- Manage across a multi-business corporation to keep businesses informed on any material rail service issues or concerns, and assist the Shipment Execution Team with escalation of service issues with the rail carriers as required.
- Engage directly with the Class I Railroads to understand how they are performing operationally across their network, and understand if the railroads are expecting to have any material rail capacity changes (improvements or constraints) in the near and/or long-term.
- Develop and implement macro-level KPIs and rail service metrics to keep the business informed on historical rail performance for Cargill shipments, similar industry segments and across all industry segments the railroads serve. This includes Class I reporting metrics that measure how Class I railroads are resourced to meet current and future transportation needs.
- Develop and provide Cargill stakeholders with a forward looking “Cargill View” that proactively identifies material rail capacity changes in the future, identify the impact to Cargill and identifying logistical opportunitiesisks to enable stakeholders to implement contingency plans where possible.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Microsoft Office applications experience (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Provide direction, guidance and clearly articulate a vision
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence others without direct authority
- Experience in developing relationships with the Class I rail transportation providers that operate in Canada, US and Mexico
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in rail logistics, rail operations management or other leadership position
- Lean Certification
- Business process improvement experience
Prior Beneficial Experiences
- Using significant knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, make recommendations to establish good customer relations.
- Experience providing direction to supervisors, coordinators and support staff while overseeing the routine operations of transportation logistics.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Knows the most effective and efficient process(es) to get things done, focusing on continuous improvement
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Wayzata, MN
Application Deadline: N/A