Manager, Risk Management Job in Capital One New York, NY
Website Capital One
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Capital One in New York, NY 2022
About the job
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Manager, Risk Management
Are you a problem solver seeking an exciting challenge? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? Are you ready to work on the front line of a top 10 Bank?
As a member of the Commercial Card and Commercial Marketing team within Commercial Risk, you’ll be challenged to shape the risk mitigation strategy for Commercial Card and the Commercial Marketing organization. You’ll work with various stakeholders, within the lines of business and partner organizations, to identify / define unmitigated risks and strengthen the control environment, effectively reducing overall risk while building lasting partnerships.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Leverage problem solving and integrated thinking skills to develop and implement risk management practices
- Conduct a variety of risk assessments, including RCSA, critical business process and product assessments, as well as other custom assessments needed by the business to proactively identify potential risks and work with key stakeholders to define and drive risk-remediation activities
- Work with business partners to ensure processes remain well-managed; assist in the development and implementation of associated controls
- Assist with the development of policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines. Develop and enhance processes, tools, templates, and job aids
- Gather, report on, and analyze data to support governance processes
- Address / respond to specific operational risk categories (Regulatory Compliance, Access Management, Application Change Management, etc) applicable to the Commercial Card and Marketing organizations
- Liaise with business partners and functional stakeholders such as Compliance, Operational Risk Management, and Legal to support risk management activities
- Manage, implement, and deliver on special projects / program deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- At least 5 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- Familiarity with Commercial Products and exposure to Commercial Banking
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations and support cross-functional teams
- Risk or compliance certification (ie ACAMS, GARP FRM, etc.)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Job Category – Risk Management
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A