Website Cape Town International Convention Centre
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Cape Town International Convention Centre in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
The main purpose of this position is:
The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Beverage and Restaurant Manager for the upkeep and maintaining of service standards of the Restaurants. They are responsible for effectively assisting the staff and baristas on duty to execute their daily operational duties. In addition, the Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and upholding standards set and ensuring that the guest always receives a world class experience.
Reporting To The: Beverage and Restaurant Manager
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Management of the Restaurants daily Operations
- Responsible for a high standard of product and service and to work closely with all staff assigned at tables and stations to achieve the set targets.
- Responsible for the managing all staff such as Waitrons, Baristas, cashiers, cleaners and facility staff
- Plan and monitor the service for events with your manager daily when you are on duty.
- Monitor service standards according to set SOPs.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and take appropriate action on customer complaints.
- Spot check on floats periodically and report discrepancies.
- Prepare handovers after each shift
- Ensure that stock takes are done daily and report discrepancies
- Manage the staffing budget for the restaurant
- Ensure all stock that is required is available and ordered on time.
- Control daily stock counts for beverage and OE
- Ensure cleanliness at all times in the kitchen and restaurant the benchmark for cleanliness is 90% and above
- Ensure that snags for the restaurant are reported to the manager as soon as something needs attention
- Ensure all staff go through rigorous training on the POS and that you follow the SOP for the cash ups and the restaurants
Income & expenditure management
- Maintain your operating staffing cost within budgeted parameters
- Monitor performance of Staff and discipline accordingly.
- Adhere to procurement policy and learn the point-of-sale system and procure system to master it
- Undertake event comparison against revenue and feet through the door for all risk catering and report on it
- Plan and execute risk catering for events as and when required.
- Prepare a forecast for the public catering and send ROI schedule after every public event to the Head of Food and Beverage
- Manage the operating equipment used within the restaurant
- Ensure that all restaurant shop stock is safe guarded from loss through delegation of responsibility to all subordinates and ensuring standard operating procedures are maintained and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure correct stock is ordered and par levels are maintained at all times
- Ensure that breakages and losses of equipment are monitored, and action taken when abuse is identified.
- Ensure par levels of glassware and bar smalls are maintained
- Allocate staff properly to their stations and monitor service
- Requisition staff according to the business levels in the building when necessary.
- Ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards.
- Hold regular meetings with the staff to discuss their performance on the floor & identify their training needs.
- Manage workplace diversity.
- Act in case of staff discipline & problems & communicate to your manager
- Conduct on-the-job training and assessment daily
- Meetings & briefings needed with the staff
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualifications And Experience Required
- Matric certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Diploma in Hospitality/Food & Beverage / Tourism will be advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the hospitality industry
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Extensive experience in negotiating and communication with clients and staff
Skills And Knowledge
- Computer literate
- Well-groomed with a vibrant personality
- Hospitality background
- Stress resistant & flexibility
- Strong management, planning and organizational skills
- Extensive client networking and relationship building skills
- Able to provide clear and effective communication of ideas, processes and targets
- Excellent negotiation and financial management skills
- Reporting skills
- Ability to manage complaints
- Innovative thinker
- Communication & Conflict handling skills
- Time management
- Hands on – Pragmatic
- Quality driven
- People manager
- Inspiring personality
This position is based on an hourly paid salary structure.
Kindly apply for this position through our applicant tracking system: https://cticc.recruitee.com/ before 17h00 on the 10th of October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The company reserves the right to close the advert at any time when sufficient applications have been received.
The CTICC has adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
The CTICC is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications from suitably qualified Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI’s). Remuneration will be discussed with the successful candidate. Should you not hear from CTICC within 30 days consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information on the Cape Town International Convention Centre please visit: www.cticc.co.za
Company: Cape Town International Convention Centre
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A