Website Canopius Group
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Canopius Group in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
As part of the newly formed team spearheading Canopius’ digital underwriting strategy, the candidate will be responsible for working with underwriting stakeholders to identify digital opportunities and to design the risk selection, pricing and product factors underpinning these, and with development teams to execute their timely delivery. The role will work in close collaboration with Technical Underwriting, Pricing, Developer and Client Relationship functions to bring digital products to market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Head of Canopius Digital Products and Underwriting stakeholders to identify digital product opportunities. The primary responsibility of this role is to understand the product distribution chain, identifying key selection and rating factors, in order to distil the underwriting process into an automated workflow that offers superior insight, efficiency or customer experience.
- Design and curation of pricing engines and risk selection decision trees underpinning the digital products.
- Working with underwriting stakeholders to understand distribution partners’ requirements and tailoring the product design to meet these.
- Coordinating the development, testing and validation of rating methodologies in order to prove product viability and obtain business approval for deployment.
- Using Managing Information reporting outputs to monitor product performance, make and implement recommendations, using the insight gleaned to iterate product enhancements.
- Contributing to underwriting business planning processes for digital products.
- Advocating the opportunities of digital products within the underwriting community.
- Working with the wider Digital Products team to identify, evaluate and on-board 3rd party services to leverage best in class data sources for superior insight.
- Working with underwriting stakeholders and the insurance community to develop a full detailed understanding of the product, relevant terms and conditions, positioning within the insurance market and to be fully conversant with internal and external stakeholders on an independent basis.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must be comfortable collaborating, challenging and communicating with underwriting, technical and client stakeholders.
- Ability to react to comments, questions and problems, effectively and to think on their feet.
- Strong business acumen with an awareness of digital underwriting landscape and opportunities.
- Deep understanding of pricing, underwriting, risk selection and exposure management principles with the ability to leverage such knowledge for commercial gain.
- Strong understanding of statistical modelling, numerical methods and insurance product pricing design.
- Experience in using DevOps boards, Agile delivery practice and pipeline continuous delivery methods.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines including sprint planning and management.
- Ability to manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time, high quality outputs.
- Ability to work from high level design and product concepts to design the solution for the detailed product.
Canopius is a global specialty lines (re)insurer. We are one of the leading insurers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, Australia and Bermuda.
At Canopius we foster a distinctive, positive culture which enables us to bring our whole selves to work to flourish as people, and build a business which delivers profitable, sustainable results.
Based in incredible new offices in the heart of the City of London, Canopius operates a flexible, hybrid working model and is committed to providing an environment that challenges employees to be their best and where everyone’s unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected.
We offer all employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on their whole wellbeing. Canopius’ market-leading proposition offers financial, physical, social and psychological health and wellbeing benefits to ensure we create a working experience which gives everyone the freedom to do their best work.
We are fully committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made regardless of age, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion or beliefs, marital or caring status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage and welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
We make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and during employment. Please let us know if you require any information in an alternate format or any other reasonable adjustments.
Company: Canopius Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A