Website Cabot Corporation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Cabot Corporation in NAMER 2022
About the job
Your Role at Cabot
Cabot Corporation is seeking a Digital Business Relationship Manager (BRM) to provide a consultative and lead approach to Plan to Deliver (P2D) area within the Digital organization.
The Business Relations Manager understands both business and digital to drive innovation and shape demand for technology that increases business value. The BRM represents Digital and works closely with specific business units, regions, and business functions. Their objective is to converge business and Digital as true strategic partners and ensure business value results. The BRM works closely with architects, change teams, program and project managers, business analysts, infrastructure teams and others to communicate project requirements and objectives. Their goal is to evolve culture, build strategic partnerships and drive business value using information and technology.
The role is responsible for managing a portfolio of digital services and tools of medium complexity. They need to partner with the business counterparts to development a strategic roadmap to drive innovation and added value through the portfolio. The BRM will support the development of projects with medium capital expenditures.
This is a remote eligible role.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Elevate Digital into a strategic partner via strong partnership with business leaders to evolve culture and organizational behavior.
- Develop deep knowledge of business unit or function and build both horizontal and vertical relationships with business and Digital leaders that deliver business impact.
- Coach business partners and enable them to articulate the technology needs and requirements in their function that will advance business performance.
- Act as the principal technology advisor to business unit or function and a champion for identifying, leading, and driving information technology transformation.
- Ensure that business unit or function’s strategy and key performance indicators are identified and leveraged for effective Digital demand shaping.
- Partner with business or function/sub-function leaders on pre-project ideation.
- Partner with enterprise architects to develop technology enablement business capability roadmaps.
- Partner with business and Digital leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, and plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Partner with business analysts to ensure that essential business requirements are understood, captured, and reflected in solution documentation.
- Partner with business transformation or change management teams to ensure that the business unit or function has the capacity and capabilities to implement changes required by new technology solutions.
- Ensure that project/program managers and Digital staff assigned to projects are knowledgeable about the business unit or function, business partner(s), and their objectives.
- Ensure delivery of new technology solutions and capabilities in accordance with the roadmap and ensure that they meet established objectives and expectations of business partners.
- Share ownership of the business value results of technology related projects; measure and communicate business value results on a regular basis.
- Bring outside-in or fresh perspectives into the organization by routinely meeting with end customers/consumers, industry peers, and other external sources.
- Ensure continuous improvement in value optimization, Digital performance, and business processes where applicable.
- Proactively identify business capability and Digital service gaps and contribute to improvement efforts.
- Advocate for and advance business partners’ knowledge of Digital processes, frameworks, roles, and capabilities.
- Develop value-adding Business relations professional maturity, individually and for the entire function.
What You Will Bring To Cabot
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in information technology
- Plan to Deliver (P2D) experience
- Strong understanding of information technology and prior experience understanding business segment needs and making recommendations to deliver technology solutions
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects based on organizational objectives
- Minimum education of associates or bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree with technical related discipline is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of creating technology solutions to solve business problems (globally, or across multiple divisions or regions within a single company).
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization.
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit or function, as well as with leadership and functional teams.
- A strategic thinker focused on business value results that utilize technical solutions.
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence leaders to drive business value.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Diplomacy: able to influence and motivate others using personal rather than positional power.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- An exceptional listener, able to comprehend what is said and probe for important details.
- Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms.
- An outside-in focus: outstanding end-customer relationship skills.
- Highly skilled at creating business requirements documents, use cases, user acceptance test plans, process flow and data flow diagrams.
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for business and technology.
- Understands the IT industry, e.g., emerging technologies and trends, industry standards, solution architecture, and the vendor landscape.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent, and build strong teams.
Company: Cabot Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: NAMER
Application Deadline: N/A