This Jobsfunter Listing is about BrightDrop in Atlanta, GA 2022
About the job
At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future. Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
The Procurement and Supply Chain team at BrightDrop is an agile, value driven team with a passion for building sustainable, ethical and resilient supply chains. We are ensuring that our supply chains are an integral part of decarbonizing the last mile. We seek to positively impact the communities that our supply chains touch and we believe that resilient communities, suppliers and stakeholders ultimately deliver resilient supply chains.
The Import/Export Supply Chain Specialist acts as a liaison between vendors, steamship carriers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, and intercompany sites to ensure timely movement, customs clearance, delivery of air and ocean import and export shipments including raw materials and finished goods. This is an opportunity to bring your experience building world-class supply chains to the forefront, leverage external and internal best practices and innovative approaches to lay out the roadmap to a procurement and supply practice that is not only world-class but also a tangible source of competitive advantage to the whole business. Your vision and creativity will be complemented by your ability to build actionable, measurable plans and oversee their implementation.
- Utilize MRP and issue Purchase Orders to global intercompany locations for import of finished goods products.
- Act as customer service representative for intercompany sites for export of finished goods
- Coordinate preparation of export documents for intercompany
- Track and trace shipments en route globally and develop reporting tools for process partners to communicate order shipment status and final arrival estimates proactively and
- Monitor and validate import order data and documentation for customs clearance and import
- Coordinate expedite shipments as needed and follow through
- Initiate action with vendors, ocean carriers, inland freight carriers, and other external service providers as well as other departments to resolve
- Collect and maintain documentation related to the filing of international logistics damage claims with ocean carriers and follow until
- Establish system to ensure 5-year US Customs Border Protection import record keeping compliance.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Additional Job Description
- Strong verbal and written communication Attention to detail will be critical to making sure all issues are addressed effectively.
- Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses and regions within chemical manufacturing
- Working knowledge of international logistics, ERP and MRP Experience using SAP is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in business or related field plus 5 years relevant experience in supply chain and international
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and complexity.
- Ability to lead change, resolve conflicts, and influence without direct authority.
- Bring data, logic and structure to unstructured problems with the ability to create understandable opportunities with actionable solutions
- Develop and communicate an engaging and insightful story using visual aids as well quantitative analysis
- Passion for an entrepreneurial and innovative environment with a plethora of opportunities for creative solutions to solve complex problems
- Comfortable presenting to large audiences including senior leadership
- Possesses the interpersonal skills and behaviors to build meaningful relationships with team members and cross-functional colleagues based on collaboration, mutual respect and a shared passion for excellence
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A