This Jobsfunter Listing is about bp in Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for conducting audits as part of a team to identify and provide assurance on the effectiveness of the internal control environment to minimise BP’s risk effects, whilst supporting continuous improvement activities.
The role of the Auditor is to work as a team member on audits; and lead certain audits under the overall supervision of a Senior Audit Manager. The role will also supply to other activities in the Internal Audit function, for example ongoing development of methodology and executive (Audit Forum) reporting.
The role requires business and/or audit expertise.
The Auditor may also take part in functional change activities, support verification of audit actions and other work.
There is a dedicated Verification team within Internal Audit consisting of a small central team of Operations Verification Auditors and a larger team of Combined Auditor/Verification Auditors who reside within the wider auditor pool. This Verification team is coordinated by one of the Risk & Governance Audit Managers. Auditors may be nominated to fulfil a Combined Auditor/Verification Auditor role. Depending on workload, combined Auditor/Verification auditors may have slightly less travel than that of the Auditor role.
Combined Auditor/Verification Auditor Accountabilities
- Review of all actions completed by the business units using all supporting documentation to resolve if the actions taken close the finding raised by the Internal Audit team. Fully detail the review and closure of actions.
- Collaborate closely with segment and function representatives to resolve if the actions taken are appropriate.
- Collaborate closely with senior site personnel to clarify any uncertainties and arrange return visits for verification where necessary.
- Select subject matter experts (BP or external) to verify specific actions as necessary.
- Support the Verification Team as required in training auditors in the verification process and in QA of action verification by others.
Essential skills and experience
- Suitably qualified professional with degree or similar educational background, and/or relevant industry experience.
- Auditing or relevant business experience within BP or within a similar company.
- A proven track record of delivery of audits, business projects or line work.
- Experience in being a phenomenal partner with business stakeholders and delivering either result of audit work / business decisions / project outcomes.
- Experience in improving processes and systems in an audit or non-audit environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Essential behavioural competencies
Create a one team approach within Internal Audit, champion the BP Values and Behaviours; specifically:
- Follow and uphold the rules and standards of BP and Internal Audit, hold others to account for doing the same thing.
- Listen carefully and consider different perspectives.
- Build an expansive and diverse workplace where everyone is treated with respect and dignity and positive relationships.
- Cultivate learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speak out when something is not right.
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an expansive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Family Group
Yes – up to 50%
Hungary, United Kingdom, United States of America
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For You This Means Working With Us On
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at [email protected] ; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement – for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. ( Spanish version )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A