This Jobsfunter Listing is about bp in Houston, TX 2022
About the job
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for eliciting, defining and managing business requirements from application stakeholders using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies, to ensure that delivered I&E products and solutions successfully meet those needs, and that business users’ expectations are met.
Enables the definition of requirements and user stories for product development, improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits.
The collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of digital systems.
Strengthens and enriches business domain, methods & tools, business modelling knowledge in the role.
- Define baselines, measures, and interdependencies of value streams to drive benefits realization
- Be familiar with all Scrum ceremonies, roles and responsibilities.
- Define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria via design thinking and agile business analysis principles.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and the team to prioritize the product backlog.
- Work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming and provide mentorship on future stories.
- Carries out functional and regression testing scripts to validate system impact from changes in trade confirmation application and external applications.
- Validate what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria.
- Organize sprint reviews with Product Owners to provide visibility and collect feedback.
- Facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team using scrum of scrum techniques for effective migration.
- Follows BP’s Code of Conduct and models BP’s Values and Behaviours.
Education And Experience
- Energy Trading industry experience
- ETRM experience and trade confirmation experience are a plus
- Practitioner agile business analysis/Agile analysis.
- Practitioner design thinking.
- Business analysis experience, preferable in an Agile environment.
- Good communication skills to present and articulate at all levels of the organization.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- The ability to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level.
- Track record of good interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a virtual distributed team environment.
- Self-motivated to work with limited supervision.
- Strong evidence of working as a great teammate.
- Ideally experience with ADO or similar tools such as Jira.
- SQL and Data Analysis Skills.
- Power BI report development experience
- Data Analysis
- Digital Innovation
Leadership And EQ
- Adopts a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- Effective teammate, looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and efficiency.
- Applies judgment and common sense- able to use insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP’s Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP’s Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Cultural fluency – actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Certification (PSC) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!
Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group
Yes – up to 10%
United States of America
INNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working With Us, You Can Do This By
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because Together We Are
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at [email protected] ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement – for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. ( Spanish version )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A