RN-Registered Nurse-3N Medical Step Down vacancy in Bon Secours Richmond, VA
Website Bon Secours
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Bon Secours in Richmond, VA 2022
About the job
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Registered Nurse (RN) – St Mary’s Hospital- 3N Medical Step Down
- $20,000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Applicants**
Summary Of Primary Function/General Purpose Of Position
The Stepdown Registered Nurse (RN) delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifying and determining the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluating the process and outcome of nursing care, all in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team. The RN coordinates, provides, and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment, and evaluates treatment effectiveness
- Administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and procedures.
- Serves as point of contact for patients’ care coordination throughout hospital departments.
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department.
- Serves as patient advocate in collaboration with spiritual care, palliative care, and ethics.
- Serves as a point of care with care coordination and family members or caregivers.
- Clinically manages patients with multi-system organ failure and/or multisystem trauma.
- Using the AACN Synergy Model, restores, supports, promotes, rehabilitates, or palliates to maintain the physiologic, psychologic, and psychosocial stability of patients across the lifespan.
- Synthesizes and prioritizes information in order to take immediate and decisive evidence-based, patient-focused action using clinical judgement and clinical inquiry.
- Anticipates and responds with confidence and adapts to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Responds to the unique needs of the patients and families coping with unanticipated illness or injury and treatment and advocate for their choices in quality of life.
- BSMH nurses are expected to practice and deliver care in accordance with the core concepts and intention of the BSMH Nursing Professional Practice Model.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Current RN license in state they are working or covered by compact (required)
BLS Basic Life Support (preferred upon hire, must obtain from approved source prior to direct patient care)
ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support (preferred)
CCRN Critical Care Registered Nurse (preferred)
PCCN Progressive Care Certified Nurse (preferred)
National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Certification (preferred)
Bachelor of Science Nursing (preferred)
1 year of RN experience (required)
6 months RN experience in an acute care hospital setting (preferred)
EPIC Electronic Health Record (EHR) training (preferred)
Critical Care Course (preferred)
- Assigns patient care according to the nursing skill, knowledge, and scope of practice of staff.
- Orients, facilitates learning experience, and provides education (based upon quality improvement indicators, outcomes, and implementation) to nursing staff and others.
- Possesses clinical knowledge, skills, and competency to provide evidence-based patient care in accordance with the current standards of practice, policy and procedure, and BSMH mission.
- Performs comprehensive assessment of patient’s clinical condition and psychosocial needs of the patient and their supportive resources.
- Safely and efficiently develops, implements, and prioritizes plan of care.
- Application of the nursing process in patient care delivery.
- Assesses patient’s physical and emotional responses to treatment to evaluate effectiveness of intervention and patient outcomes; revises plan of care accordingly.
- Assists patient and family in coping with patient’s illness.
- Collaborates with others in the delivery of coordinated patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Applies cultural diversity and inclusion principles when caring for patients and their support resources.
- Recognizes own limitations and seeks assistance and acquires information to perform safely.
- Advances personal and professional growth through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and workshops.
- Exhibits professionalism through accountability for own and delegated actions.
- Integrates cost-effective measures into practice and models effective stewardship of available resources.
- Practices self-care and cultivates resilience in conflict and difficult circumstances.
- Protects the safety and privacy of all persons.
- Understanding and utilization of office and clinical technologies.
- Ability to communicate with patients in a manner they can understand considering their personal preferences.
- Compassionate, relationship-based approach to help find meaning in illness, suffering, pain, and existence.
- Remains calm, adaptive, and collective during an emergency.
- Manages care of patients with chest tubes.
- Assesses patients through hemodynamic monitoring.
- Inserts and monitors transvenous pacing/temporary pacing.
- Administers means for conscious sedation.
- Knowledge of advanced respiratory modalities.
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
May be required to use physical restraints
May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights
May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids*
May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials*
May have periods of constant interruptions
- Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Lifting/Carrying (0-50 lbs.): 34-66%
Lifting/Carrying (50-100 lbs.) 34-66%
Push/Pull (0-50 lbs.) 34-66%
Push/Pull (50-100 lbs.) 34-66%
Additional Physical Requirements/Hazards
Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
Perform shift work
Maneuver weight of patients
Hear alarms/telephone/audio recorder
Reach above shoulder
Repetitive arm/hand movements
Acuity – far
Acuity – near
Use of latex products
Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Exposure to dust/fumes
Exposure to potential electrical shock
Exposure to x ray/electromagnetic energy
Exposure to high pitched noises
Gaseous risk exposure
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Adults (18-64 years)
Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Bon Secours is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll Also Reward Your Hard Work With
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Med/Surg Telemetry Unit – St. Mary’s – Richmond – GYN – 3North
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email [email protected] If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Company: Bon Secours
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Richmond, VA
Application Deadline: N/A