Website Boise Cascade Company
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Boise Cascade Company in Baltimore, MD 2022
About the job
If you’re looking for a dynamic, team-oriented, learning-focused environment, Boise Cascade is the place for you! We’re looking for an individual who wants to make an impact with their work in a company that values integrity, innovation and stewardship. Please review the responsibilities and needed qualifications below and apply today!
Here’s a Snapshot Of What We Offer
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we’re one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our associates are critical to our success. And we’re committed to investing in them. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety, with many benefits beginning on your first day of employment. We call it, Total Rewards.
- We care about your Health, Well-Being, and Future:
- Medical + Prescription, Dental + Vision
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Preventive Care
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance, 401(k)/Roth Retirement Plan Options with Employer Contributions
- Tuition Assistance, Employee Assistance Program
- We offer paid Time Away from Work:
- 8 Holidays, Personal/Vacations Days
- Disability Benefits, Parental Leave
- We Appreciate you:
- Competitive Base and Incentive Pay for all positions
- Service Recognition Program
- Professional development and career progression opportunities
The Sales Trainee will learn the organization’s policies, products, and/or services in preparation for sales responsibilities with the goal of developing a sales career in the building materials industry.
- Sales Trainees acquire knowledge of division and industry practices through on-the-job training in location sales departments, including but not limited to:
- Initiating sales, taking orders, anticipating and meeting customer needs.
- Assigned product management, selection of product vendors, purchasing, pricing, monitoring inventory, and promoting assigned products.
- Contacting customers regarding market fluctuations and trends.
- Filling customer orders, acquiring basic product knowledge, and developing knowledge of customer quality expectations.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Safety Awareness: Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Qualifications : Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related job function. Office environment with moderate physical exertion.
Preferred Qualifications : Effective communication skills, and ability to work well with team members. Experience in the building materials industry a plus.
Competencies : Adaptability, Collaborating, Communication, Continuous Learning, Customer Orientation, Decision Making, Initiating Action, Innovation, Monitoring Information.
Company: Boise Cascade Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Application Deadline: N/A