Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Makes credit recommendations for personal lending transactions, including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting principles and with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer traffic.
- Applies the risk management framework to the portfolio to protect the Bank’s assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio in compliance with requirements for the lending process and established yield, quality, diversification, and risk guidelines.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Addresses questions and resolves issues raised through consumer credit audits and quality checks to ensure accurate data entry and lending application recommendations in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and lending policies and processes.
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple, and fast.
- Engages customers to grow BMO’s business by reaching out, generating appointments, and building new relationships within the community.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications)), and small business solutions).
- Takes a lead in proactively engaging with existing customers and prospects by providing needs-based assessments to grow loyalty and identify immediate / future opportunities.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Good.
- Collaboration & team skills – Good.
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – Good.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Working knowledge of retail investments and lending products.
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
- Working knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions.
- Organization skills – Good.
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers.
- Registration to sell investment products completed – as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- Experience in financial services is an asset.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rockford, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org