Monitors, analyzes and reports on the quality of appraisals for a designated lending portfolio. Examines individual appraisals and aggregate level portfolio information to provide insights on the accuracy and consistency of decisions relative to risk strategies, policies, and appetite. Identifies deficiencies and recommends corrective action plans. Supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor appraisal services used by BMO.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Measures the effectiveness of risk governance system and framework; recommends changes as required.
- Represents the risk program / governance structure during internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Develops reports on the status of the governance program or framework components to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Interprets new regulations and assesses impacts to the governance framework.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth / Expert.
- In-depth / expert knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- In-depth / expert knowledge and understanding appraisal standards for the jurisdiction / portfolio.
- Licensed as a State Certified General Appraiser strongly desired. MAI designation, an asset.
- Influence skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration – In-depth / Expert.
Qualification & Experience:
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth / expert knowledge & experience with risk policy frameworks; quality control / testing frameworks.
- Commercial appraisal and review experience desired, within a financial institution preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org