Ensures high risk/complex accounting transactions are compliant with accounting regulations and financial information is disclosed appropriately in the Bank’s financial statements. Acts as part of the support team advising on accounting guidelines and accounting policy strategies and programs. Supports aspects of accounting management by providing value added ideas, advice and recommendations to improve quality and overall effectiveness. Provides guidance and advice on significant and complex transactions and issues that impact the business.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Makes recommendations related to policy, standards and strategies for identified controller-managed risks.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Supports the development of financial statements and financial disclosure documents to ensure consolidated Bank results meet International Financial Reporting Standards and regulatory requirements.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders and oversees the execution a component of the accounting policy strategy.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Leads the execution of accounting policy programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging about accounting policy changes & impacts, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Monitors new accounting standards and analyzes impacts to policy and standards.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration – In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Advanced understanding of SOX, IFRS, and GAAP requirements and potential impacts.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth / Expert.
- Ability to interpret Policy / program direction and realign/develop strategies accordingly.
- Influence skills – In-depth / Expert.
Qualification & Experience:
- One or more of the following preferred: CPA, MBA, CA, CFA, CGA, CMA. Typically (but not required) 7+ years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with addressing consolidation, securitization, and derivative/hedging accounting issues, desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com