Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Makes credit recommendations for personal lending transactions, including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting principles and with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications)), and small business solutions).
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple, and fast.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Applies the risk management framework to the portfolio to protect the Bank’s assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio in compliance with requirements for the lending process and established yield, quality, diversification, and risk guidelines.
- Takes a lead in proactively engaging with existing customers and prospects by providing needs-based assessments to grow loyalty and identify immediate / future opportunities.
- Engages customers to grow BMO’s business by reaching out, generating appointments, and building new relationships within the community.
- Addresses questions and resolves issues raised through consumer credit audits and quality checks to ensure accurate data entry and lending application recommendations in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and lending policies and processes.
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer traffic.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Registration to sell investment products completed – as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Good.
- Organization skills – Good.
- Working knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions.
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment.
- Working knowledge of retail investments and lending products.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in financial services is an asset.
- Drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org