Supports the business/group leader in the effective implementation, maintenance and administration of first line of defense (1st LOD) programs (e.g., operational risk, AML, compliance, regulatory, etc.), including overseeing business operations within the jurisdiction to ensure adherence and efficiency. Contributes to a strong risk management culture through collaboration with other first line employees, and second & third line functions to ensure Compliance, AML or operational risks are identified, mitigated, monitored and reported on an ongoing basis.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the evaluation, development and implementation of an internal control system.
- Supports multiple, similar business units with corresponding number of regulators.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring to ensure that 1st line jobs are following defined processes and procedures.
- Develops and implements risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Develops, documents and maintains business/group procedures updating and obtaining approvals as regulations or the operating environment changes and communicates changes to the business/group & relevant stakeholder groups.
- Assists with the implementation of risk management programs/ frameworks while identifying and minimizing negative impacts to the business.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
- Program Management – Good.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org