Cultivates, builds, and manages relationships with a third-party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of new mortgage business and increase BMO’s share of the home financing market. Actively identifies sales opportunities and refers to BMO colleagues as appropriate. Develops and executes effective marketing and sales programs to drive business results. Adheres to audit, regulatory, and compliance policies and follows all standard processes/procedures.
- Serves a customer advocate during application and processing activities.
- Actively searches for sales opportunities to achieve individual sales and profitability goals.
- Seeks opportunities to expand network by obtaining referrals from existing relationships.
- Assists with the implementation of targeted marketing programs, promotions, and other initiatives.
- Proactively contacts realtors and referral sources identified through the creation of national partnerships and/or creates local partnerships to lead client and realtor discussions and sell real estate lending products and insurance that meet the Bank’s mortgage growth and profitability objectives.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, responsive service, and support.
- Partners with branch teams to properly hand off customers to finalize mortgage documentation.
- Provides marketing, event coordination, and general administrative support to maintain positive and ongoing contact with their broader referral network.
- Identifies client needs for banking products (e.g. everyday banking, lending, and investment) and refers to appropriate BMO partners.
- Resolves or escalates issues to meet customer expectations and ensures funds are advanced in a timely manner.
- Organizes customer appreciation events, seminars, and conference calls.
- Establishes and enhances the Bank’s community presence by participating in trade shows, conferences, and related events.
- Guides customers throughout mortgage application and processing activities.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Expert knowledge of self-management and teamwork, personal lending, relationship sales and management.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Basic knowledge of portfolio management and related credit qualification standards, policies, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, sales, customer service, and negotiation skills.
- Functional knowledge of personal banking, investments, trust services, business and commercial lending, and cash management.
- In-depth understanding of the mortgage lending process and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of the broader real estate industry and mortgage market.
- U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org