Business Analyst (All Levels) Vacancies in BLUE ORIGIN Huntsville, AL
Website BLUE ORIGIN
This Jobsfunter Listing is about BLUE ORIGIN in Huntsville, AL 2022
About the job
We are a dedicated team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to using data to drive the future of human space exploration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your expertise and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth!
As a Business Analyst, you will work with stakeholders, technical product managers, engineers and architects to (1) document requirements, (2) define scope, (3) articulate objectives and key results, and (4) curate intelligible catalogs of information (both business focused and technically focused) to support the design, expansion, maintenance and operation of a modern analytics platform. This position requires resilience to ambiguity, ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment. As a Business Analyst, your commitment to quality and attention to detail will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and focused attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight.
What makes our data team successful?
- Deeply comprehend our customers’ problems and work develop solutions to address them
- Strong experience improving data quality, access and documentation
- Passionate about mapping business process to data inputs and outputs
- Confirmed background collaborating with Sr. Executives and Business Owners
- Clearly identify requirements and translate to technical implementation plans
- Deep knowledge of the business and building data solutions to tackle business challenges
- Data storytelling and visualization knowledge with a demonstrable record of driving adoption through crafting products and dashboards people want to use
- Collaborate with departments, technical product managers, engineers and architects to collect, document and communicate business and system requirements
- Observe, document and validate business processes in a wide range of business functions
- Understand complex datasets and clearly document the meaning, usage and connections between different objects
- Map systems and solutions to business capabilities and identify OKRs to measure the improvements or otherwise of a particular solution to that capability
- Work with engineers to define and document source of truth data models to support business and technical analysis use cases
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of system and process changes related to data platforms
- Support software and platform releases and User Acceptance Testing
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst or similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related field
- Experience in database interrogation of SQL and NOSQL databases
- Strong analytical skill set and proficiency in data mining
- Experience creating Entity
- Proficiency in Excel, Tableau, PowerBI or similar reporting/analysis tools
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Familiar with YAML and Markdown syntax
- Familiarity with AWS Services, especially Redshift, S3, RDS, EC2
- Familiarity using version control to check in production code in a shared repository
- Familiarity with OLAP Data Warehouse systems (especially Redshift)
- Experience with implementing Data Quality monitoring and alerting systems
- Familiar with manufacturing, PLM tools, and supply chain operations
- Experience with hierarchical data structures and recursive processing techniques
- Experience with JIRA, Gitlab and Confluence
- Business domain knowledge in procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, aerospace
- Data warehouse architecture and modeling experience
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Company: BLUE ORIGIN
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
Application Deadline: N/A