Inventory Specialist Jobs in Blue Line Foodservice Distribution Detroit, MI
Website Blue Line Foodservice Distribution
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Blue Line Foodservice Distribution in Detroit, MI 2022
About the job
Build a Bigger, Better, Bolder Future
Imagine working for a company that measures its success based off the growth of its colleagues, a company that invests in its future by investing in you. Blue Line Distribution is a company where our colleagues make an impact.
Responsible for the management of company inventory. This includes the evaluation of inventory levels, determining product needs, placing purchase orders with suppliers that adhere to established lead times, adhering to inventory level goals set forth by the company, and working with internal departments to ensure timely deliveries. Position handles time-sensitive and confidential pricing information.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Evaluate inventory levels and forecast usage for all products in assigned categories and/or distribution centers. Be aware of upcoming promotions, holidays, and/or other factors that might impact the weekly demand and/or order patterns.
- Analyze inventory trends and identify ways to reduce costs associated with transporting and storing inventory, while still providing high levels of customer service. Advise department managers of low turnover and inactive products or any unusual trends associated with inventory.
- Decide on appropriate amounts of product to order and place purchase orders with suppliers to replenish inventory as needed while holding inventory levels to goals as outlined by the Company. Assist distribution centers in minimizing product spoilage due to shelf-life and ordering problems.
- Maintain item database in the ERP system and ensure orders are acknowledged. Completes tasks associated with phasing in and out items as requested, while working to build accurate models for calculating projections, pack size and lead times.
- Partner with supply chain, DC directors, and operations/management to generate appropriate solutions to problems, and identify solutions when out of stock, shelf-life, supplier minimum quantity requirements and over stock issues arise.
- Work with transportation team to ensure on-time deliveries of company managed loads, vendor managed loads, and inter-DC transfers.
- Collaborate with the international team and distributors to enter orders when necessary, assist in solving logistical issues between suppliers and international markets, and be aware of company promotions, tests, and new items that impact demand from international markets.
Who You Are:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Materials and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in inventory management or a related field.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, including advanced Excel skills and strong mathematical aptitude.
- Excellent record of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to establish ongoing relationships with vendors and utilize vendors as needed to ensure available quantities of supplies are in warehouse.
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Evidence of ability to plan and prioritize work, handling multiple issues at once.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Where You’ll Work:
- Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust, and the like.
Company: Blue Line Foodservice Distribution
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Detroit, MI
Application Deadline: N/A