Technical Project Manager Job in Blackstone Technology Group San Mateo, CA
Website Blackstone Technology Group
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Blackstone Technology Group in San Mateo, CA 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency, is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team at our client’s site in San Mateo, CA.
In this exciting role as Technical Project Manager, our client is looking for a candidate to lead local projects, with collaborators located around the world, exploring emerging concepts in the mobility space. Projects range from the theoretical, evaluating ideas through research and benchmarking, to the practical, building prototypes for customer and trade-show demonstrations. The role includes traditional project management responsibilities such as aligning objectives and stakeholders, proposing development schedules, agile sprint management, progress tracking and reporting, and documentation. However, a successful candidate will also need a passion for innovation and engineering solutions and a willingness to adopt a Genba leadership style, hands-on and from the floor. The project manager leads the team through technology scouting, brainstorming and ideation, concept development, prototyping, gathering user feedback, marketing, and business development as we explore emerging technology domains, identify and meet with potential partners, and share our insights with internal stakeholders.
· Overall responsibility for the successful management of projects to develop innovative vehicle experiences that may be showcased to leadership, automakers, and at major technology and automotive events
· Learn the technology fundamentals and roadmaps of products and technologies, so you can technically contribute to concept development, system architecture and design reviews, and development plans
· Research emerging technologies and trends, meet local startups, brainstorm new project ideas, and present findings and recommendations
· Pitch project ideas and collaboration opportunities to management, customers, and potential technology partners
· Work with team domain experts to break down high-level visions into project requirements, milestones, deliverables, timelines, resources, and costs
· Generating clear and maintainable technical presentations (e.g. requirements specification, system architecture, interface control, trade studies, etc.)
· Manage project execution, organize team sprints, continuously evaluate priorities, identify risks and mitigation strategies, coordinate with project partners, and keep stakeholders aligned and informed
· Assembling, leading, and inspiring globally distributed, cross-functional teams
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
· 5+ years of project management experience in software development and a working knowledge of software fundamentals
· Proven experience managing R&D projects involving innovative concepts or products, user experience (UX), complex systems, and/or multidisciplinary collaborations
· Experience with Agile Development and other project management methodologies
· Exceptional planning, risk management, and detail-oriented organizational skills
· Critical, creative and strategic thinking in an often ambiguous environment
· Background / interest in automotive UX, XR technologies, cloud services, real-time streaming services, gaming, or social media industries
· Desire to build relationships and bridges in globally distributed, cross-functional teams
· Self-motivated to expand your knowledge in emerging technologies, deep dive into complex problems, and “try, fail, learn, repeat” until we succeed!
· English language fluent with strong communication skills
· Ability to travel locally and internationally
· Additional language skills in French, Japanese, or Mandarin is a plus
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
Company: Blackstone Technology Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: San Mateo, CA
Application Deadline: N/A