This Jobsfunter Listing is about BioSpace in Alachua, FL 2022
About the job
Summary: The Procurement Manager will report to the Director of Supply Chain and is responsible for:
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Maintain a Government approved procurement system.
- Communication and coordination with U.S. Government (USG) on procurement actions per the FAR.
- Ensure compliance with USG Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), e.g., Part 52 for Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses.
- Develop partnerships with suppliers to better position Resilience Alachua on material availability by setting up agreements and any additional concepts.
- Search and acquire the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Evaluate, rate vendors based on cost, availability, reliability, and variety.
- Appraise products and structure favorable contracts.
- Supervise other staff such as buyer(s) and Subcontracts Administrator.
- Other responsibilities as deemed by Company Management
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Work across a global organization sharing and learning best practices, developing and improving procurement function to ensure a uniform system.
- Partner with all Resilience entities to assess the possibilities for global supplier relationships, streamline the supply chain, and maximize competitive suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure high levels of satisfaction related to inventory service levels and management and communication of inventory failures.
- Maintain procedures to ensure compliance with the consistent purchasing system.
- Perform contract analysis to ensure bid process and purchases are according to contract obligations
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, walking, kneeling, standing, lifting, repetitive motion, hearing and talking.
- Occasionally be required to exert up to 20 pounds of force, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Occasionally be required to perform sedentary, light, medium, heavy, and very heavy work (Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
- Specific vision abilities required include preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Alachua, FL
Application Deadline: N/A