Insurance Risk Manager Job in Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Seattle, WA
Website Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Bill Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle, WA 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
The Global Financial & Accounting Services (GFAS) division is a growing team with an increasing breadth of responsibility. The foundation continues to grow in its global footprint and in the complexity of its work. The GFAS team is scaling up to support this important work. The team’s vision is to provide innovative and scalable global business solutions in accounting, tax, payroll, financial reporting and financial operations while safeguarding the reputation of the foundation and our related entities, with the highest standards of integrity and operational excellence.
GFAS is a division within the Finance organization at the foundation and an important part of the operations function. Operations supports and enables the five program (grantmaking) teams to make investments and to run effectively and efficiently. As a function, Finance employs approximately 100 FTE’s and 40 FTE’s within GFAS.
We are looking for a seasoned Insurance Risk Manager to join our growing Insurance Team in Treasury! This is a new role for the foundation, which is growing in scale, geographies and complexity. As a member of the Insurance team within Treasury, this role will be responsible for partnering closely with strategic and operational business leaders across the organization to mitigate and manage risk across the activities/issues affecting the foundation and its subsidiaries and regional offices.
This role requires the ability to successfully navigate across key stakeholders and multiple industries that include, but are not limited to, biotechnology, agricultural research & development, business operations, information security, HR and benefits, as well as traditional areas of management and finance. This is a full-time role with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits ( https://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/careers/benefits ) and a corporate relocation package to support a move to Seattle, WA.
The Insurance Risk Manager Will
- Manage business insurance renewals, including the negotiation of insurance placement structure and pricing
- Review insurance applications and renewal market submission documentation for all lines of coverage and
- Review policy terms & conditions and quotes
- Make recommendations on appropriate coverage, insurance limits and retention levels within the foundation’s insurance philosophy.
- Oversee all claim related activities; partners with legal on all claim related matters; resolve claim disputes with carriers. Communicates and escalates insurance claims and risks quickly and efficiently across the organization
- Prepare loss analysis, identifying exposures, recommending solutions and implementing approved programs
- Review contractual insurance requirements and make recommendations on appropriate insurance language across the entire organization
- Prepare presentations to internal business operations partners in insurance programs and exposures.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on cross-functional projects related to insurance matters
This role reports to the Deputy Director of Treasury.
While This Position Has No Direct Reports, This Position Works In a Highly Matrixed Environment And Works Closely With The Following Internal And External Stakeholders
- Internally: Regularly works closely with GFAS staff and members of other foundation operations teams.
- Externally: Ability to network and share best practices with other peer organizations. Work closely with brokers and insurer partners.
The ideal candidate has a blend of the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline driven and fast paced environment.
- Builds strong relationships and communicates effectively and concisely with a variety of constituents inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of global insurance programs with ability to navigate complex environments.
- Goal oriented; sees the big picture
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, intellectual quickness, creativity, curiosity, discipline, and resourcefulness.
- Experience planning and managing projects of high importance and visibility.
- Strong team plater with willingness to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and is able to earn trust quickly and is effective in managing risk with and through others.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive experience in insurance brokering, consulting, and/or corporate risk management. Global insurance experience strongly preferred.
- Professional designation desirable (ARM, CRM, RIMS-CRMP)
- Experience with a multinational organization and global programs
- Biotechnology and/or agricultural industry experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong initiative, organizational skills and ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally while remaining flexible to changing tasks, priorities, and roles and responsibilities.
- Project management and negotiation skills.
- Actively listen to and learn from others.
- Models professional courage– engages in trust based debate, asks hard or unpopular questions, and is willing to say no.
- Intellectually curious with solution orientation and the ability to identify new ways of working.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Applicants for this role will only be considered if they are able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Depending upon your work location, we may require proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and any recommended booster doses. All employees based in the United States are to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire and any recommended boosters, subject to applicable laws.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request to [email protected] .
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.
Posted Today Full time B017083
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people—especially those with the fewest resources—have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Mark Suzman, under the direction of co-chairs Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates and the board of trustees.
Company: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A