Website Big Lots
Clears debris and maintains work areas within a Distribution Center. Operates a variety of equipment to maintain floors, discard and recycle waste materials in an industrial setting.
- Drives forklift to transport and remove waste materials.
- Performs all work within established safety guidelines.
- Operates a variety of floor maintenance equipment for detailed cleaning of selected areas.
- Operates trash compactor and baler to dispose of and recycle waste materials properly.
- Performs a variety of light cleaning duties as needed.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to type 60 WPM and familiarity with a variety of software packages including but not limited to Word and Excel is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including the ability to lift, carry, push and pull a minimum of 60 pounds on a consistent basis required; bending, standing and walking on a continual basis required.
- Must successfully pass in-house training program for powered material handling equipment operator’s license.
- Basic English skills including the ability to communicate and process information required.
- Ability to perform duties without immediate and constant supervision required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience operating forklifts, floor scrubbers, floor strippers, trash compactors, balers and basic hand tools preferred.
- One to three years previous administrative/clerical experience is required.
Company: Big Lots
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com