This Jobsfunter Listing is about Bergelectric in Scripps Ranch, California, United States 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
The Project Manager is responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate construction operations, purchases, financial reporting and project controls activities for an assigned portfolio of concurrent electrical projects. The Project Manager is heavily involved in all aspects of project execution from participation in proposals and procurement, contract negotiations, and managing all aspects of project operations and financial performance. Ensures work is performed within a pre-scheduled budget and manages project performance to meet or exceed prescribed goals. Provides direction on individual staff development. Collaborates with other Project Managers and Supervisory staff to allocate staff and resources to meet objectives, investigate, and implement ways to improve the efficiency and profitability of all projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews project contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with owners, architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepares project controls, budget setup, schedules of values/billing mechanisms, and maintain each in collaboration with operational subordinates
- Executes major project purchases in collaboration with the operations team and regional leadership. This includes development of purchasing / buyout goals, development/execution of product data submittal/shop drawings for approval, management of material releases for timely delivery to projects and mitigation of supply chain issues.
- Manages project profitability for each project in his/her portfolio of work. This includes predictive analysis and revenue, cost and profit forecasting.
- Evaluates construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans and actual work. Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites
- Develops and implements quality control programs on projects
- Regularly visits projects to assess performance, progress and quality and to ensure connectivity with the field and clients
- Produces a schedule of values or similar method for all projects to ensure positive cashflow on projects. Executes and manages all billing for all assigned projects.
- Ensures that all safety and environmental policies of the Company and project owners are followed by all project personnel
- Prepares budgets for construction activities, oversee progress, and cost reports. Ensure proper administration of payroll, material/subcontractor payments, and owner progress and final payments in conjunction with corporate support functions
- Develops and maintain relationships with peers at clients, architectural and engineering firms and trade partners to ensure successful outcomes of projects
- BS in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in Project Management or related field.
- Strong knowledge of materials, methods, and tools required for electrical construction.
- Experience managing projects 3 million and above
- Experience managing large Commercial, Institutional and/or Federal preferred.
- Working knowledge of the NEC and be fluent in estimating processes.
- Have thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, materials, means, & methods, etc.) as well as an understanding of Company and industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
- Ability to understand, manage, and abide by contracts and subcontracts.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
- Facilitate, negotiate, and execute buyouts of major purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Ability to oversee and effectively manage low voltage work and subcontractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, judgment, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate personnel.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, project management and estimating software
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, this role may require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand to complete other administrative functions.
- This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
- There may be a variety of weather conditions while on jobsites such as rain, snow, heat.
- There may be high noise levels while on jobsites.
The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
CA-San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Scripps Ranch, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A