Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Belmond in สุราษฎร์ธานี 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
It all began in 1976 when we received the keys to the legendary Belmond Hotel Cipriani in Venice. A year later, we began collecting the carriages for the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, which launched in 1982 to whisk intrepid travellers to La Serenissima in style.
Belmond joined LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in April 2019, reinforcing our place among the international leaders in luxury. For over 40 years, we have followed our pioneering spirit and passion for authenticity to create and uncover some of the world’s greatest travel adventures.
Napasai, A Belmond Hotel, a slice of Paradise between jungle and sea. Set in 43 acres of lush tropical gardens on Koh Samui’s northern shore. Our retreat offers Glamour and extra sparkle. The best authentic Thai Hospitality.
We are seeking a dynamic Executive Chef to be responsible for overall operational management of entire culinary and personnel of kitchen staff. Reports directly to the General Manager and is a key member of the hotel’s management team.
Main duties and responsibilities include to plan, organize, direct, and control the following facets of the Food and Beverage Production department:
- Entire food
- Handling – kitchen receiving, storage, rotation, utilization
- Development of food related Standards of Procedures.
- Write all food product purchasing specifications.
- Employee Training, Review, and Development
- Enforcement of job descriptions
- Direct Subordinate annual performance review
- Staff morale and safety training
- Highest standards of food product and kitchen sanitation, storage, and handling procedures.
- Food product quality, nutritional, and portion control standards.
- Technical culinary food production and service standards.
- Standardization (by department and product position) of: all menu and food production recipes, and finished product specifications.
- Conduct menu tastings.
- Full Banquet and Outlet menu development (including wine pairing) with product presentation specifications
- Employee Cafeteria
- Hospitality Food Amenities
- Holiday, Promotional and Staff Event Menus
- In-Room Dining
- High Tea
- Review and approve weekly labor scheduling
- Staff meetings and daily line and product briefings
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operational Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Budgetary forecasting and analysis
- Food and Kitchen Staff Labor Costs
- Computation of all Recipe Costs
- Complete Management Project and Report Assignments
- Manages 2 primary subordinates: Sous Chef.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, an evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employee Dining Room Cooks/Attendants.
- Act as culinary ambassador for Napasai, A Belmond Hotel and participate in associated marketing and media activities.
- Use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control wastage.
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your line manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmond’s Behaviors: Genuine Characters, Proud Custodians, Caring Hands & Hearts, Pioneering Mindset.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts, hotel management, business or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Minimum three years of culinary experience in a similar position with a LUXURY 5-star resort property.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing, planning and executing from conception through implementation
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy, and evaluate and select among alternative courses of action
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations and maintain composure and objectivity
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Understand guest service needs, and be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by guests and staff
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people and ability to understand and train employees on luxury service standards
- Build strong team rapport
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is essential. Thai Language skill is helpful
- Solid presentation skills conveying information and ideas clearly
- Knowledge of hotelesort operations including marketing/sales principles
- Understanding of hospitality industry trends, performance metrics
- Good arithmetic functions and understanding of financial analysis (profit/loss, cash flow, etc.) in order to drive revenue and make decisions affecting the finances of the business.
- Requires knowledge of Health Department regulations and working knowledge of hotel point of sales systems
- Experience working in Asia
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: สุราษฎร์ธานี
Application Deadline: N/A