Head Start Center Floater Jobs in BCFS Health & Human Services Port Lavaca, TX
Website BCFS Health & Human Services
This Jobsfunter Listing is about BCFS Health Human Services in Port Lavaca, TX 2022
About the job
It’s a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Head Start Center Floater Position Description
Company: BCFS Education Services
Position: Head Start Center Floater
Assignment: Head Start
Reports to: Center Director
Status: Full Time, Non- Exempt
Pay Grade: 1
Education: Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred. A minimum of a Child Development Associates
Credential (CDA) that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential or are enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate
or baccalaureate degree or, enrolled in a CDA credential program t o be completed within two years of date of hire.
Experience: Two years related experience in a preschool classroom setting is preferred.
A Head start Center Floater is responsible for supporting the Center Director and/or Assistant Center Director with daily program needs in
the implementation and coordination of all Head Start functions both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Advocate for young children and their families.
- Identify report and provide supportive services in child abuse/neglect cases, notifying immediate supervisor and appropriate agency.
- Assist in the implementation of weekly lesson plans.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude of working together
- Assist the teacher in a Head Start preschool setting, which provides a comprehensive program to meet educational, emotional, social,
health, nutritional and psychological needs of children.
- Ensure all children are being supervised at all times while indoors and outdoors.
- Assist the teacher in maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the well-being and safety of all the children in care.
- Assist Center Director/Family Specialist with gathering daily attendance.
- Assist with all child assessments and screenings.
- Assist on field trips and other school functions.
- Attend workshops, conferences and all in services trainings. Participate in professional development activities. Maintain training hours and
documentation as required.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date training/ certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Assist in maintaining staff and child ratio for safety, guidance and discipline.
- Assist in collection and accurate documentation of monthly non-federal in-kind Match.
- Assist Center Director with monthly center safety drills and checklists.
- Assist with other job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Must be able to serve and effectively communicate, to the extent feasible, with children and families with no or limited English proficiency.
- Working knowledge of business English, Spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Computer Literate.
- Ability to work effectively without extensive supervision.
- Ability to operate all office machinery.
- Ability to function with diplomacy and tact.
- Handle all children’s information with utmost confidentiality.
- Report suspected child abuse/neglect to immediate supervisor and appropriate agency.
- Abide by all Head Start and BCFS policies and procedures.
- Abide by DFPS and OHS regulations and standards.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Must have reliable transportation.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creedeligion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the law” poster
Company: BCFS Health & Human Services
Vacancy Type: $46,000/yr – $67,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Director
Job Location: Port Lavaca, TX
Application Deadline: N/A