Direct Care Worker- Bilingual Job in BCFS Health & Human Services Los Fresnos, TX
Website BCFS Health & Human Services
This Jobsfunter Listing is about BCFS Health Human Services in Los Fresnos, TX 2022
About the job
It’s a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Company: BCFS Health and Human Services
Business Unit: RSD
Title: Direct Care Worker – Bilingual
Position: Direct Care Worker II
Job Family: Service Provider
Program: BCFS Health and Human Services: _____________________
Reports to: ____________________
Status: Regular Full-Time
Comp. Grade: 1
Grade Profile: 3-7
Education: Required – High school diploma, or equivalent
Preferred – 2-year associate’s degree from accredited program/institution, or two or more years of college-level course work in a related human services field Experience: Required – 1 year related experience and/or training in a related human services field
Preferred – 2 plus years’ related experience and/or training in a related human services field
Summary: The direct care worker supervises children, using reasonable actions to ensure the safety and well-being of each child, effectively communicate facility and programmatic behavioral expectations and limitations to children, and maintain compliance with agency policies and procedures and established state and federal standards and requirements.
To Successfully Perform This Job, The Employee May Be Expected To Perform The Following, With Or Without Reasonable Accommodations In Accordance With The Americans With Disabilities Act Of 1990
Essential Functions: 1. Provide sustained and uninterrupted direct supervision of the children assigned to the worker from the start of the assigned shift until relieved.
- Follow the instructions of medical/clinical staff regarding each child and inform Unit Manager of information impacting the basic health and well-being of children assigned to the worker. Approved (ADA) Rev.5/13/19
- Communicate in a positive and respectful manner with children, families and all agency staff including supervisors, co-workers, therapists, student interns, and volunteers.
- Frequently traverse from one area of the facility to another both indoors and outdoors as needed to provide direct supervision of children.
- Effectively communicate behavioral expectations and program regulations to children and enforce compliance with regulations and expectations by all children assigned to the worker.
- Complete all required documentation prior to completion of shift.
- Meet all pre-determined deadlines required by program supervisor and federal partners.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and Spanish Measurable Deliverables:
- Meet all federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards that are applicable to this position.
- Document all serious incidents, daily progress and activities completely, accurately and in a timely manner and in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Assist with orientation of new children and staff.
- Provide input into development of treatment plans as appropriate or requested.
- Use positive child management techniques including verbal redirection, de-escalation and containment.
- Plan, organize and supervise activities for children in accordance with the daily activity schedule.
- Teach constructive behavior and social skills, realistic problem-solving behaviors, responsible time and money management, conversational English, personal hygiene and life skills.
- Assist children with homework assignments.
- Maintain an orderly and clean children’s living area including assisting in the household and children’s laundry, overseeing daily chores, identifying routine maintenance workepair and reporting it to the Unit Manager.
- Maintain and update records regarding children’s clothing and personal items.
- Maintain a secure campus environment by making rounds as required, and by using proper application of radio communication protocols including responding to all radio calls.
- Take actions to promote positive interaction between children and encourage children to take responsibility in the daily routine of the facility.
- Model culturally and socially desired behaviors while explaining the behaviors to children to facilitate learning and replication of the behaviors.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by position supervisor.
- Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of child and program operations.
- Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills And Abilities
- Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including but not limited to ☐FirstAid☐CPR☐EmergencyBehaviorIntervention☐Other:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
- Demonstrate the ability to:
- Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers and professionals Approved (ADA) Rev.5/13/19
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and Spanish
- Provide crisis intervention according to training provided by BCFS HHS when needed to maintain a safe environment.
- Work in a fast paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Residential Services policies and procedures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creedeligion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the law” poster
Company: BCFS Health & Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Los Fresnos, TX
Application Deadline: N/A