Teacher II careers in BCFS Health & Human Services Port Lavaca, TX
Website BCFS Health & Human Services
This Jobsfunter Listing is about BCFS Health Human Services in Port Lavaca, TX 2022
About the job
It’s a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Company: BCFS ES
Program: Head Start
Reports to: Center Principal
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 7
Supervises: Teacher Aides assigned to this position
Education: Required – Bachelor’s degree
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field
Experience: Required – 2 years related experience in an early childhood classroom
Summary: The teacher is responsible for the education and daily program in the classroom
and the implementation and coordination of all Head Start functions using established
state and federal standards and requirements and BCFS ES policies.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
- Develop plans to provide individual and classroom instruction to Head Start students.
- Frequently traverse from one area of the building(s) to another both indoors and outdoors as needed to provide direct supervision of children.
- Effectively communicate behavioral expectations and program regulations to children.
- Enforce compliance with regulations and expectations for children assigned to the teacher
- Communicate promptly all relevant issues and concerns about the service population to the center coordinator.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Meet all pre-determined deadlines required by program supervisor and federal partners.
- Meet all federal, state and agency guidelines, standards and policies that are applicable to this position.
- Interact with children in ways that meet the educational, emotional, social, health, psychological and nutritional needs of children.
- Promote appropriate child growth and development.
- Plan and maintain a safe, clean learning environment and to assure the well-being and safety of the children.
- Participate in school functions, scheduled meetings and team decision and operations.
- Take actions to promote positive interaction between children and encourage children to take responsibility in the daily routine of the school.
- Model culturally and socially desired behaviors while explaining the behaviors to children to facilitate learning and replication of the behaviors.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by position supervisor.
- Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of child and program operations.
- Maintain BCFS ES professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills And Abilities
- Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including but not limited to Basic First Aid, CPR certification and Emergency Behavior Intervention .
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
- Demonstrate the ability to:
- Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers and professionals
- Communicate in writing and verbally in English and Spanish (preferred).
- Work in a fast-paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of the Head Start team.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Education Services policies and procedures.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creedeligion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the law” poster
Company: BCFS Health & Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Port Lavaca, TX
Application Deadline: N/A