This Jobsfunter Listing is about Avanade in Atlanta, GA 2022
About the job
Together we go beyond.
Avanade is the leading digital innovator on the Microsoft ecosystem and arguably one of the most successful technology joint ventures in history. Our external communications team, which manages public relations, analyst relations and social media, is looking for a hard-working, dynamic and eager intern. This is a great opportunity to play a key supporting role within a large, global technology organization that operates in 25 countries and has 43,000 employees.
Avanade was formed in 2000 by Accenture and Microsoft and today we’re focused on making a genuine human impact, through technology, for our clients and their customers. The external communications team is responsible for driving awareness across our stakeholder community, as well as managing and protecting Avanade’s reputation. If you’re looking for the opportunity to gain hands-on PR experience in the technology sector and to be part of a cutting-edge team, this is the position for you.
The successful candidate will work with Avanade’s North America, Europe and Asia PR leads supporting them on day-to-day activities and helping to coordinate our PR agency network. The position is available immediately and is currently remote.
The initial period for the internship is three months, with the potential to extend for up to one year. The schedule is flexible based on the candidate’s class commitments, but we’re ideally looking for 20 hours per week.
This role will offer a broad range of experience in the exciting field of technology and professional services while working for a progressive global company dedicated to the employee experience. Avanade is at the forefront of a changing workplace culture focused on prioritizing the employee experience to create a positive impact on and experience for clients.
The PR intern responsibilities:
- Tracking media coverage globally and undertaking some high-level analysis
- Ensuring external content is shared across corporate communications teams (.com, social, internal communications, etc.) and other business functions, as appropriate
- Assisting with media pitch creation
- Assisting with media list building and social outreach/following of journalists
- Scheduling media interviews internally, once booked by agency
- Working closely with other corporate communications departments to amplify and share PR content and media coverage including informing key business stakeholders and global employees.
- Staffing media interviews to take notes
- Supporting analyst meetings and assist with recaps
- Helping to populate PowerPoint presentations
- Available for an up to 3 month internship
- Must have a keen interest in public relations
- Must currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English or Journalism
- Seeking a university Junior scheduled to graduate in June 2022
- Must be able to work minimum 20 hours per week
- Excellent writing ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office or Office 365
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with a team effectively
- Strong GPA (3.2 GPA min)
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com .
Vacancy Type: Internship · Internship
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A