Purchasing Manager, Compressor Technique – Rock Hill, SC careers in Atlas Copco Rock Hill, SC
Website Atlas Copco
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Atlas Copco in Rock Hill, SC 2022
About the job
Mission: The Purchasing manager is responsible for the coordination of all sourcing related functions associated with the procurement of local commodities, services and indirect purchase with a scope of the Customer Centers Compressor Technique. This position is also responsible for ongoing evaluation of the supplier base in the areas of product quality, delivery performance, competitive pricing and overall capability. Assessment of both existing and new suppliers will be in collaboration with the respective technical support, operation and project team. The ultimate goal is to develop a competitive supplier base, safeguard that the Atlas Copco way is prevalent and develop your team so that our operations can be supported with state-of-the-art sourcing.
- Manage procurement and sourcing policies and activities, including overseeing specific key contracts.
- Conduct market research, create estimates and forecasts, and identify cost reduction strategies.
- Hire, train, and manage local Sourcing/Purchasing team.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors for contracts for timely supplies at fair prices and in compliance with regulations.
- Work intensively together with internal customers to identify and execute saving projects via transparency and economies of scale, both in indirect and direct sourcing.
- Safeguard that we work with business partners committed to high quality, ethical, environmental and social standards in full compliance with the Atlas Copco business code of practice
- Negotiate prices and scope with suppliers for office renovations, expansion projects, etc.
- Align and improve processes, systems, tools and structure
- Support SAP SRM, leading the front-line team for questions using this platform to request, purchase and approve the company’s Indirect spend and preferred vendors with punchout catalogs.
- Maintain and continuously improve existing USA Purchasing SharePoint site with constant updates; this includes a monthly report of the progress of ongoing projects and agreements.
- Continuously improve PO Compliance with transparent reporting that has actionable deliverables for the organization to implement
- Work with indirect purchasers of product companies and customer center in North America and see where we can improve for the region (start of regional purchasing council, common contracts negotiation)
Work together with the divisional purchasing organization to get maximum synergies out of purchasing.
What you can expect from us?
Choose your career with us!
Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion . . .
Attractive Benefits Include
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, and generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Health insurance/ Dental insurance/ Vision insurance
- Competitive Paid time off
- Annual Variable Compensation
- Salary based on knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional technical training provided for the most qualified candidate.
Are we a good fit?
Atlas Copco is a Swedish company. The Swedish human culture still runs through the veins of our 38,000 employees in more than 90 countries. It has a strong family feeling with a warm respect for every individual and we strive for strong diversity. We also invest heavily in our customers, in the environment, … but first and foremost in our own people. In this way, we provide a stimulating environment in which you can develop your competencies daily. Moreover, our family work atmosphere gives you the flexibility to find an optimal balance between work and private life.
What we expect of you?
- 5-7 Years Extensive Sourcing/Purchasing Experience whereof minimum 2 years in a Manager role
- Available for both domestic and sometime international business travel (around 10%)
- Experience in negotiations
- SAP ERP experience a plus
- You have a natural leadership and outstanding communication skills
- You have a dynamic, flexible and motivating personality
- You have a strong result driven leadership style with strong organizational and analytical abilities
- You are a team player able to build and maintain good relations with other departments
- You are heavily customer focused
- Both internal as external, you are a role model in the negotiation with people and convincing them
- Must be proactive, assertive, and able to work in a self-directed manner across departments
- Possess willingness to develop and go the “extra mile”
College Degree in relevant fields: Purchasing, Business and Administration, or Engineering
Rock Hill, SC
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Atlas Copco Compressors LLC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All Atlas Copco Compressors LLC employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Company: Atlas Copco
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Rock Hill, SC
Application Deadline: N/A