This Jobsfunter Listing is about Ark in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Network Lead for Curriculum Implementation
Reports to: Head of Curriculum
Location: West London – currently operating an agile working policy with two core days (Mon and Weds) in the office
Pattern: Full Time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm) but part time would be considered (at least 0.8 FTE)
Closing date: 13/06/2022 at 10am (Please note that interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the application process early. Early application is advised)
Interviews: w/c 20/06/2022
Start date: September 2022 or January 2023
Salary: £70,000 – £80,000 (depending on experience)
About the role:
The Network Lead Curriculum Implementation will lead the effective implementation of our curriculum and planning toolkits across all of our 39 schools. Working with Principals and School Curriculum Leads, this role will both share and codify our best approaches and provide advice to schools that need to develop their curriculum planning and implementation. This role will also feedback strategic and practical insights to shape the ongoing improvements to our curriculum and planning toolkits.
Ark exists to make sure that its students, regardless of their background, have access to a great education and real choices in life. A high quality, knowledge-rich curriculum is an essential component of delivering that mission. Our network has developed several common curricula toolkits across all key phases, alongside a common subject/teacher planning toolkit. We use the same aligned assessments across all phases and exam boards at KS4 and 5. We believe that the way we can drive consistent school improvement across our network is to ensure these curricula and planning toolkits are used effectively in each of our schools.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Visiting and working with all the Ark schools in Primary and Secondary to develop a robust and high-quality approach, drawing from the best practice in our schools, for implementing the curriculum and planning toolkits in each school
- Design and co-ordinate an annual series of curriculum and subject deep dives across the network
- Communicate regularly with all schools such that Principals, Curriculum Leads, School SLT and all HoDs feel that they are fully briefed on all updates to the implementation best practices
- Develop a priority list of schools requiring curriculum support and agree a programme of support to help those schools improve
- Manage the Ark network of the senior curriculum leaders for each school
- Organise and lead a regular series of virtual and face to face network meetings for the curriculum leaders
- Ensure there is a robust and efficient reporting structure for all individual components and strands of the curriculum implementation work for all stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Ark Curriculum Plus team and all the curriculum programme team
- Provide a robust reporting structure for the enrichment team and all those who feed into or support the work across the organisation
- Qualified to degree level and above
- Qualified to teach in the UK
- Excellent general leadership qualities sufficient for successfully leading complex urban schools
- Proven record in leading whole school processes and change within a school setting
- Robust understanding of curriculum theory, design and implementation
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- Right to work in the UK
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
- As an Ark Schools staff member, you will have the opportunity to be part of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a salary average defined benefit pension scheme – this means you build up a guaranteed amount in your pension, payable for every year of your retirement. We also offer an alternative workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes (Ark Ventures) that improve the education system.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Monday 13th June 2022 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A