Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Amey in Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Amey delivers facilities and estate management services to the Glasgow Schools Private Finance Initiative across an estate of 30 schools (Europe’s largest educational Private Finance Initiative).
We work in partnership with our clients and end-users to ensure our 24/7 services are delivered to the highest standard with minimum impact or disruption to day-to-day operational requirements of the schools.
We’re looking for an Apprentice Chef to join our catering teams within Glasgow Schools. You will learn the day-to-day operations and food production in accordance with company quality standards and hygiene, health and safety standards.
You will be involved in the following;
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Gaining a full understanding of food ordering processes and menu planning
- Receiving and storing product properly
- Ensuring minimum food wastage
- Gaining an understanding of the principles behind food control and rotation
- Ensuring temperature records and monitoring is completed on a daily basis
- Working in a tidy and organised way
- Cooking of food (including the heating and/or reconstitution of convenience foods and vegetables)
- General kitchen and dining room duties (including washing up, setting up and clearing away equipment and tables)
- Cleaning of the kitchen, its surrounds and the equipment
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will be enrolled onto a Production Chef SCQF Level 5 qualification. You will be fully supported by our partnered college to achieve this qualification by attending college 1-day per week, having 1-2-1 advice and support, e-learning materials, and a whole team of experts on hand for advice and technical knowledge at your office location.
You’ll be provided with a “buddy”, to assist you as you settle in. This is the person will be the friendly face when you join our Facilities team – the go-to person that you will ask lots of questions to when you start! Once you have settled in, you will be allocated your mentor in the workplace. Your mentor will support you throughout your qualification, help you learn the technical skills and have regular catchups with you to ensure that you are on the way to become our next superstar!
At the end of your Apprenticeship, you will move into a guaranteed permanent position with Amey, and your development does not stop there! As part of being an employee at Amey, you will be given lots of opportunities to further your development; whether that is by doing a further qualification which Amey will fund through our Apprenticeship Schemes or progressing further in the business, the choice is yours!
What we will give you:
Here at Amey, our greatest asset is our people so that’s why we ensure that our rewards will make you feel that you are a valued part of us.
We will offer you a starting salary of £17,901 for the first year of your Apprenticeship. Not only that, but you will receive annual salary reviews to ensure that your input represents the reward you receive.
You will also receive:
- 24 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays.
- Access to our Save with Amey portal which will give you access to hundreds of offers to online retailers. You could save on your next holiday, day out or shopping spree!
- We have a flexible benefits scheme which you can buy additional annual leave, cycle2work schemes, gym memberships, travel insurance, tastecards, and lots more!
- You will join our bustling Early Careers community which is made up of over 300 Apprentices and Graduates where you can network, arrange fundraising initiatives, suggest ideas and get involved with lots of extra-curricular activities.
- Social value benefits which include the ability to volunteer for a charity of your choice, participation in the DofE award, and support for fundraising initiatives.
Why not take a look at our Early Careers Hub where you can find out more about our recruitment process, the benefits we offer, our Social Value commitments, Wellbeing and Support Services, along with a whole host of other useful information about how you would be part of our Early Careers community here at Amey.
What you need:
One of the best things about an Apprenticeship with us is that you don’t need to have experience or any prior qualifications in this area!
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem-solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experiences that you bring to our business.
We keep our list of requirements short, but there are a few that you will need:
- Available to commence employment with Amey in August 2022
- The commitment and drive to complete your course and final assessment
- Passion to develop your skills both professionally and personally.
- A driving licence would be desirable
Amey is one of the leading infrastructure services and engineering company. We are at the heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining, and transforming the nation’s strategic assets. We employ over 14,000 people which maintains the UK’s Road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe, and managing the UK’s defence estate. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design to manage the services we all use and rely on. At Amey, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. There’ll be experiences as original as you are in a career at Amey. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A