Website American Red Cross
This Jobsfunter Listing is about American Red Cross in Pomona, CA 2022
About the job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home. By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Use your passion for blood banking to support our life-saving mission.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you’re looking to help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation’s most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you’ll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you’ll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that will motivate you to be your very best.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
Manage sample tubes and prepare for shipment. Communicate with volunteers and vendors. Maintain manual and computer records associated with production or testing. Perform record reviews and resolve discrepancies. Evaluate the suitability of blood products for manufacture and distribution. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) where required. Provide support, development , and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
- Manufacture, label , and store blood products according to applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC , and Red Cross policies and procedures.
- Manage sample tubes and prepare for shipment.
- Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
- Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution and manage any exceptions.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing process.
- Prioritize workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform validation and quality control checks on equipment.
- Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage , and sample tube management.
- Maintain accurate, legible , and complete manufacturing department records.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time requirements and quality standards.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don’t meet quality requirements.
- Perform disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Perform complex manufacturing tasks such as pooled product manufacturing, freeze, wash , or deglycerolizing of blood products , and pathogen reduction.
- Assume lead responsibilities when designated by a supervisor.
- Participate in on -the- job training of staff.
- On-call work may be required.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and related experience preferred.
- G ood computer skills, attention to detail, accurate documentation , and good decision-making skills. Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Frequently lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs unassisted. Frequently required to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds on flat flooring or ramps. Frequently required to stand for long periods, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch. Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus. Able to withstand temperatures in a typical blood banking environment including refrigerators and freezers. Position may require climbing of step ladders. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
As part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering—both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
Company: American Red Cross
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Pomona, CA
Application Deadline: N/A