Website American Red Cross
This Jobsfunter Listing is about American Red Cross in Fairfax, VA 2022
About the job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home. By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity
The American Red Cross Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a Financial Analyst II. Duties include preparing and reviewing financial reports, providing financial analysis and contribute towards annual budgeting and forecasting process. The position must be able to perform assigned tasks independently and feel comfortable working in a team environment. The position will report to the Director of FP&A located in Denver, CO.
- Generate monthly and ad-hoc reports to evaluate business performance results, including variance analysis and key drivers of performance for decision support and general business support as assigned.
- Participate in the annual budget process, including data analysis, entry and validation.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing responsibilities as assigned, including supporting schedules and preparing journal entries.
- Participate in identifying opportunities to improve financial controls, improve financial policies, procedures and systems within area of responsibility.
- Interact and liaison with cross-functional groups to identify and resolve issues in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Financial Analyst Must Demonstrate The Following
- Initiative and independence in accomplishing tasks.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Data analysis, modelling and metric skills.
- A collaborative spirit and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize tasks daily.
- Good communication skills.
- Possess initiative, reliability and self-motivation.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment and a strong work ethic.
- Professionalism, integrity, and credibility.
- Compassion and motivation to work in a humanitarian organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in financial management and analysis.
- Strong skills with various Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word) are essential.
- Experience using large scale automated financial systems (Oracle), planning tools (Hyperion), data warehouse and query tools (Tableau, Business Objects/Webi, PowerBI, etc.) desired but not required.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $60,000 – $70,000.00
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
Company: American Red Cross
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Application Deadline: N/A