Website American Queen Voyages™
This Jobsfunter Listing is about American Queen Voyages in Buffalo-Niagara Falls Area 2022
About the job
In addition to the application process, please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window to complete a brief questionnaire for consideration.
The Entertainment Staff Member provides high-quality entertainment to all guests onboard and helps create an unforgettable guest experience. The Entertainment Staff Member is consistently visible to passengers onboard and helps successfully and memorably execute passenger activities. This position dedicates a significant amount of time to socialization with guests and participation in shipboard activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide, along with other entertainment staff, high quality nightly themed musical shows (45 minutes) as directed by the Entertainment Manager.
- Provide all music for daily cocktail parties, receptions, and late-night lounge entertainment.
- Create and print onboard newspaper in coordination with Marketing Department
- Assist the Entertainment Manager with various entertainment needs, as needed.
- Work closely with other onboard staff to create a world-class experience for all guests.
- Meet the Entertainment Director’s standards and expectations for off-stage job performance, as well as be subject to Entertainment Director’s periodic reviews of the overall entertainment product
- Maintain guest satisfaction survey scores in all entertainment areas of a 9 or higher (out of 10)
- Act as an emcee for guest functions including cocktail receptions and daily onboard activities/games as assigned by Entertainment Director and/or Hotel Director
- Successfully execute all AV/tech/sound/lighting requirements for production shows and for all guest performers and lecturers, as needed
- Abide by all American Queen Voyages policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist guests with hotel issues and function, in general, as an extended member of the hospitality team onboard
- Follow the instructions of the Hotel Director and marine crew during all safety drills and vessel trainings
- Create and maintain positive work environment
- Work with related onboard department heads to create world class events for guests
- Ensure behavior and performance support the Company’s mission, vision, values, and operating principles.
- Be a RESPECT Service System example to others.
- Follow company values in responding to others in work situations
- Meet “standards for service” behaviors
- Solicit feedback and take action to continuously improve success of team
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
Professional Certification(s) Or License
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent in English
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to train and supervise employees
- Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work assignments
- Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
- 5-7 years of experience in position with similar duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
- Valid U.S. passport with at least 90 days until expiration and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- The majority of work is performed in a Marine environment in both indoor and outdoor conditions with exposure to various temperatures and weather conditions, along with a moderate to loud noise level. The Marine operation is subject to varied wake and motion.
- Positions both live and work onboard a vessel for consecutive port-to-port voyages both in and outside of the United States during the regular season.
- Additional requirements may be required depending on the physical needs of the role
American Queen Voyages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Company: American Queen Voyages™
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Buffalo-Niagara Falls Area
Application Deadline: N/A