Foundation Relations Manager – Remote vacancy in American Cancer Society Denver, CO
Website American Cancer Society
This Jobsfunter Listing is about American Cancer Society in Denver, CO 2022
About the job
- This is a permanently remote position which can be home-based anywhere in the U.S.***
- Please note when submitting your application – a cover letter is required for this role.***
The Manager of Foundation Relations is a frontline fundraiser responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of between 85 -100 private and family foundations with the expectation of securing between $750,000 and $1.5 million in annual revenue. Through effective portfolio management, qualifies and secures funding from foundation donors capable of giving $10k+ and assure donor retention upgrade strategies are successfully executed.
S/He is responsible for writing solicitation proposals, grant reports, and acknowledgements to these donors and making in person asks when appropriate. The Manager will also update and track annual goals and deadlines, conduct prospect research, and other activities. S/He will collect information and statistics needed from program staff related to budgets, proposals, and reports.
- Write proposals, reports, and acknowledgements to portfolio of 85+ Foundations that contribute between $750,000 and $1.5 million to the Society across the country
- Identify and execute other stewardship opportunities to these donors to encourage sustained support and ongoing trust
- Write acknowledgements to and determine future stewardship plan for new donors
- Editing/proofreading of new proposals and material as needed
- Prospect research when time permits
- Build and maintaining effective relationships with staff across all verticals
- Support the needs of team members with regard to proposal and resource sharing and information
- Build relationships with volunteers, board members, corporate representatives, foundations and current and prospective donors toward qualifying and building a caseload of donors
- Create and execute a moves management plan for each qualified donor in portfolio
- Work with regional fundraisers, program, and communications teams to secure appropriate project information, including budgets and program content, to create proposals and execute solicitations
- Create and submit monthly reports as required to management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Secure a minimum of $750,000 – 1,300,000+ in major gifts in first year.
- Coordinate the stewardship of $10k+ donors who make a gift to ACS; and execute in partnership with stewardship advisor.
- Collaborates with Community Development, Cancer Control, Business Planning & Operations, Communications/Marketing and ACS CAN leads to ensure coordinated and interdependent achievement of regional and organizational goals.
Bachelor’s degree and a 3+ year experience working in a development office and familiarity with and interest in foundation fundraising
- Strong interest in and understanding of institutional/foundation support
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, and adhere to deadlines
- Ability and willingness to see projects through to completion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of fundraising – generally and in one or more specific markets
- Established ability to build and cultivate relationships with a variety of constituents
- Experience in writing professional donor-centric content. Proposals, Reports, and Budget experience preferred
- The ability to be an ambassador for the American Cancer Society
- Ability to adapt to the benefits and challenges of work within a large and complex organizational structure
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with Fundraising software – Salesforce preferred.
- Microsoft Office
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Some infrequent travel will be required.
The compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $66,900.* Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Company: American Cancer Society
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Denver, CO
Application Deadline: N/A