Website American Airlines
This Jobsfunter Listing is about American Airlines in Columbus, OH
About the job
American Airlines is seeking Full Time Customer Assistance Representative at the John Glenn Columbus International Airport
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
The Customer Assistance Representative interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
What You’ll Do
- Accepting, checking and tagging customers’ baggage at kiosks
- Processing and completing credit card baggage transactions at kiosks
- Assisting customers with self-service kiosk check-in and kiosk baggage processing
- Queuing lines in ticket counter areas
- Accepting and activating customers’ self-tagged baggage
- Performing clearance and verification of documents at kiosks
- Possibly performing additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by management in with the collective bargaining agreement
- Work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays
Click to see what it’s like to be part of the Customer Service team!
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Bilingual language skills may be required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment
What You’ll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org