This Jobsfunter Listing is about Amazon in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
This position is in Arlington, VA or San Diego, CA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Key job responsibilities
Functions Include Providing Strategic Direction In The Following Areas
- Preparing and managing ITU satellite network filings in conformity with the Radio Regulations and applicable deadlines.
- Executing the coordination strategy and reviewing satellite network filings and preserving coordination rights by commenting on filings within the regulatory deadlines.
- Working with the technical and systems/RF engineering teams to analyze the potential for harmful interference between Kuiper and other satellite networks (both geostationary and non-geostationary) and terrestrial systems, developing the coordination strategy and mitigation techniques, and negotiating favorable coordination agreements.
- Assist with the global licensing strategy by advancing coordination requirements for Kuiper’s system.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify tradeoffs, risks, and opportunities; remove bottlenecks; and establish mechanisms to speed progress.
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
The Senior Satellite Network Coordination Engineer will articulate and execute the strategy for enabling and protecting Kuiper’s use of radio frequency spectrum and satellite orbits through the ITU filing, coordination, and notification processes. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of the applicable Radio Regulations, Rules of Procedure, and ITU-R Recommendation.
About The Team
The Global Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for enabling and protecting Kuiper’s use of radio frequency spectrum at home and abroad, defining and leading the Project Kuiper regulatory agenda. The Regulatory Affairs team operates worldwide, engaging with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and regional organizations, coordinating the use of spectrum with other operators, obtaining licenses for Kuiper services, and promoting safety in space. The Global Regulatory Affairs team is also responsible for domestic licensing and collaborates with associations, government agencies, and other satellite operators in order to advocate for rules and regulations in the best interest of our customers. This team works in close collaboration with the Kuiper technical design teams to optimize for spectrum sharing and customer experience as well as with Amazon’s public policy and legal teams to enhance the overall regulatory strategy.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, International Regulatory for Project Kuiper and work in close collaboration with the lead for Satellite Coordination.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline (telecommunications)
- 5+ years of related experience preparing, managing, and coordinating ITU satellite network filings with other satellite operators internationally in conformity with the Radio Regulations
- Experience analyzing the potential for harmful interference between satellite systems and knowledge of orbital mechanics
- Experience with non-geostationary satellite systems
- Experience with satellite systems in the 20/30 GHz bands.
- Experience with Visualyse Professional
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- High Level proficiency in spoken and written English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A1816862
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A