As an IT Technician, you will report to the IT Manager at your home site and will be responsible for working closely with the business, your colleagues and remote support teams to implement and maintain infrastructure elements. You will represent the ‘face of IT’ to the Business and you will thrive in providing world-class service to our customers.
- Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
- Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
- Providing assistance to senior engineers as required
- Working in shifts and support occasional changes in working hours.
- Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment
- Asset and Inventory management.
- Liase with 3rd party vendors and suppliers to ensure efficient asset management.
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
- Maximizing the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance.
- Ability to execute technical tasks.
- Desire to improve existing processes and procedures coupled with the ability to deliver first class service.
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Desire to train others and be generous with time to pass on knowledge.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Customer service with demonstrable history/examples.
- Be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, with minimal guidance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two years of technical (IT) exposure in an operational environment.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service.
- Experience in Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, basic networking troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with computers (both hardware and software)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com