This Jobsfunter Listing is about Amazon in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Amazon’s Customer Service (CS) department is looking for an experienced (Senior) Content Designer to steer content re-design for global transformation and experimentation programs. This role is responsible for designing, testing and setting KPIs for new formats, layouts and templates for our customer support content viewed more than 2 billion times per year.
You will lead customer-centred content design in a project environment, where content analysis, design or re-design, testing and iterating is done rapidly.
You will run co-design workshops with content team members and will give them the opportunity to contribute to content designs, while keeping a sharp focus on meeting customer needs. You will partner with a researcher to validate that the re-designed content meets customer needs by testing it with our user groups.
- Deep dive on content to map it against customer needs and global alignment opportunities
- Design and re-design content formats, layouts and templates to give our customers what they need as quickly as possible
- Use data and customer contacts to steer content experiments, with the aim of improving customer satisfaction and reducing contacts
- Review and edit others work to ensure it meets content standards
- Coach those who have not used content design or customer centred design methodology previously, building a culture of knowledge sharing, peer reviews and content critiques within the content teams
- Create or contribute to training to build skills where there are knowledge gaps
- Present to all levels of the organization, securing buy in for customer focused content design approach and tailor your message depending on your audience
This role will split their time across different content transformation and experimentation projects. You will be comfortable juggling different projects and influencing a range of global stakeholders on behalf of our customers.
- Three+ years experience of authoring and testing informational content to ensure it is usable, accessible and findable (including SEO best practice) and adapting quickly to content guidelines
- Three+ years of capturing customer needs from qualitative and quantitative research and authoring or re-authoring content to meet these needs
- One+ years experience as a content specialist responsible for embedding content design best practice within your organisation
- One+ years experience of organizing and running stakeholder workshops, for example customer journey mapping workshops and co-designing new content formats workshops
- Experience of defining content KPIs and tracking content performance
- Experience with large, complex, international/multicultural products and businesses
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience of coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Experience of UX writing for services or products, including writing, testing and optimizing for design elements like forms, buttons and error messaging
- Knowledge of UX design and research processes and experience collaborating with UX professionals
- Knowledge of information architecture and content management systems
- Experience of working in agile and customer centred design teams
- Experience of authoring in HTML, DITA and XML
- Building digital wireframes/prototypes of new content formats for testing with customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1798063
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A