Nursing Assistant careers in Allina Health Minneapolis, MN
Website Allina Health
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Allina Health in Minneapolis, MN 2022
About the job
March 03, 2022
31607300 Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute Transitional Rehabilitation Program
Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Under the direct supervision of a RN, assists in the delivery of patient care. This includes performing personal care such as feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, moving and transporting patients, or changing linens. Collects and documents vital signs and other observations of patients.
- Performs personal care/interventions as assigned.
- Completes interventions according to identified critical elements of each procedure.
- Answers patient call lights promptly for both assigned and other patients.
- Distributes and sets up water, snacks and patient trays and assists patients.
- Assists patient with grooming and hygiene needs, maintains skin integrity, personal comfort and population specific needs of the patient.
- Provides assistance with ambulation, transfer, positioning and range of motion (ROM) according to activity order and needs of the patient.
- Implements activities of fall prevention plan as specified in plan of care.
- Collects and saves specimens.
- Provides assistance to the RN for admission, transfer, discharge and post-mortem care.
- May transport medications excluding controlled substances within the site.
- Observes, collects and documents health status data as assigned.
- Completes measurements according to critical elements of policy/procedures, which may include: temperatures, radial pulses, blood pressures, respirations, weights, intake and output.
- Reports immediately to the RN observations/health status data that are not within normal limits for the patient or are significantly changed.
- Documents according to documentation guidelines.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Protects patient, self and others from injury during transfers, lifts and transports by using proper equipment and body mechanics.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- May handle hazardous waste (identifies, segregates, and disposes of hazardous waste; ensures container integrity; knows emergency response procedures to spills, fires, and evacuation procedures).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED required
- Certified Nursing Assistant – MN Nursing Assistant Registry required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
- Problem Solving: Uses common sense to solve routine issues.
- Collaboration: Creates internal alliances outside the immediate team or department.
- Functional Knowledge: Knowledgeable about his/her specific job.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:
Company: Allina Health
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application Deadline: N/A