The Ground Operations Agent is responsible for the handling of customer baggage, including loading and unloading on and off the aircraft, marshaling in and pushing back the aircraft, operation of ground service equipment (GSE), meet arriving flights, service departing flights, assist customers with special needs, assist customer service agents, as needed, and any other duties as assigned.
- Service aircraft lavatories.
- Ensure ramp areas are safe and free of Foreign Objects Debris (FOD) and that all ground service equipment is properly maintained.
- Load and unload baggage and co-mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and applicable airport baggage areas.
- Responsible for aircraft security searches and commissary security searches as required.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Inventory tracking as required.
- Stock aircraft and carts with necessary supplies as required, i.e. InFlight magazines and lavatory supplies.
- Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, pushback tractors, deicers, etc.
- Able to communicate using a two-way radio.
- Marshal aircraft to and from gates.
- Perform aircraft interior cleaning as required.
- Operate ground service equipment.
- Provide proper handling of baggage requiring special care.
- Follow safety regulations, which include the proper use of ground service equipment and wearing proper safety items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Able to attend required training.
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
Qualification & Experience:
- Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
- High School or Diploma/GED
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Des Moines, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org