The Senior Software Engineer in Test will be part of a distributed team located locally as well as across different geographic areas. Will be responsible for the development of full test automation solutions for new and existing software applications and services, while reinforcing best practices and strengthening collaboration within the automation team. Will work with other automation engineers, conducting test automation code reviews, tracking and monitoring test execution history and recommending enhancements in order to expedite the automation process for API, performance and UI browser tests. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful with a high interest in working with different technologies including XPATH, CSS, JSON and RESTful web services.
- Estimate test automation efforts and duration, based on analysis of automation scope and test requirements.
- Support the off-shore automation team with code maintenance, troubleshooting issues, and information gathering throughout the project release cycle.
- Design, develop and maintain test automation solutions to include, UI, webservices API and performance tests for current and upcoming projects.
- Configure virtual machine resources and optimize the configuration of new and existing automated tests on Jenkins (continuous integration) server.
- Work with Business Units, Development, Test, and Product Management to design and implement automated validation strategies.
- Collaborate with the DevOps, Systems Engineering and Development teams to effectively integrate automated test suites into an automated deployment pipeline.
- Identify opportunities to assist the manual test team, such as automation of test-data generation, test execution, and development of reporting tools.
- Design customized tools and test systems in order to support the Quality Assurance testing processes. This includes building standalone automation utilities and web portals targeting end-users with varying technical skills.
- Ability to integrate automated test results data into test management and reporting systems in order to illustrate test coverage, reliability, and effectiveness of the automated tests suites.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Strong ability in writing test cases and conducting white-box testing.
- Passionate about software testing and discovering failures within a system.
- Must be able to understand and define metadata for individual test cases, and using this to qualify tests for execution runs.
- Ability to configure Jenkins or other continuous integration servers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience testing SOAP or RESTful web services (SoapUI a plus)
- Experience in writing SQL queries for an RDBMS or NoSQL.
- Experience using automation tools within a mobile (iOS/Android) environment.
- Proven experience with QA methodologies and understanding of the SDLC.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org