Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Airbus in GreaterBristolArea,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Start date: 14th August 2023
Duration: 12.5 Months
35 hours per week // Flexible working hours // Hybrid working // Half day Fridays! // 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
An exciting internship within the Facilities Management and Real Estate (FMRE UK) organisation is available at Broughton site. The candidate will work across the whole Airbus UK portfolio of sites with direct accountability into Airbus Space Management Team.
FMRE UK is responsible for a huge range of deliverables to Airbus UK, including but not limited to: Real Estate and General Zoning management, Aerodrome management, Energy and Supply, Major Building and Construction projects as well as Maintenance, Catering and Cleaning to name a few.
This opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to influence and drive change in a challenging, diverse department, matured over recent years to an integrated “ONE FMRE” team incorporating both Airbus Commercial and Airbus Defence & Space (ADS) across the UK.
As part of the Airbus objectives, the working environment of our employees is critical to the engagement of both current and future employees. To meet this, Airbus have launched an initiative of Workplace Of The Future (WOFT) to enable us to deliver the best utilisation space and the fixtures and fittings to create an enhanced environment to meet the current and future demographic needs. This requires strategic planning and investments to bring our current environments across all of our sites and provide the flexibility needed to deliver this future environment for our employees and future generations.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate would be able to contribute to the development of this new strategy. Supporting the creation of technical standards, defining and leading space management within the UK and contributing to the development of a multimillion pound workplace investment strategy and business case generation.
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include:
- Look at best practices for space utilisation, assisting office based teams with new ways of working (activity based working).
- Support the financial controllers with the information that identifies the spaces to allow the financial back charging based upon occupancy.
- Manage projects according to Airbus principles to support the deployment of capital investment planning and project delivery.
- Identify and develop new, innovative ways in delivering a workspace that is prepared for significant culture and demographic change.
- Contribute to the development of business cases to support the central strategy for WOTF transformation plan that is going into capex for 2022 – 2027 (a 5 year rolling plan).
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
As the successful candidate, you must be able to demonstrate the following…
- Studying for Real Estate, Office Design, Property Management or similar degrees.
- The ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
- Interest in finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to make decisions based on evidence.
- AutoCAD or technical drawing experience is an advantage – but not essential.
- Basic project management skills, but also willing to learn and develop according to Airbus tools and processes.
- Good stakeholder management skills, including excellent communication, customer focus and the ability to deliver on commitments.
- A mind set to explore and work above and beyond, challenge current ways of working to develop new processes and ideas.
- Flexibility in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge in Microsoft and G Suite Tools
- Good personal presentation & attention to detail
- Supporting the space management activities within other functional projects.
- Investment Planning (CapEX). knowledge is an advantage – but not essential.
- Managing OpEX for alterations and repairs is an advantage – but not essential.
- Contract management knowledge is a plus.
- Please ensure you include a cover letter*
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Operations Limited
Internship / Stage / Praktikum / Beca
Student / Etudiant / Student / Estudiante
Facility Management and Real Estate
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: GreaterBristolArea,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A