This Jobsfunter Listing is about AIG in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Exposure Management Analyst (Cyber + Casualty focused)
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
Talbot Underwriting Limited is the managing agent of Syndicate 1183 at Lloyd’s. Syndicate 1183 underwrites a number of classes of business including war and terrorism, energy, marine, financial lines, cyber, transport, political risk, crisis management, kidnap & ransom, contingency, property and treaty reinsurance. Talbot has offices in London, Asia Pacific and the United States.
About the role
To assist generally in the efficient running of the business.
To help the Exposure Management team achieve its goals, with particular emphasis on the below areas:
- Further develop Talbot’s evolving approach to Cyber and Casualty Exposure Management, alongside the Head and Deputy Head of Catastrophe Modelling and Exposure Management
- Work closely with Underwriting and Risk functions to ensure Talbot complies with growing regulatory requirements in the Cyber and Casualty space
- Consider modelling options for these classes and use external models
- Help to develop and run scenarios, as well as identify emerging risks, in an ever evolving risk environment
- Assist with the quarterly RDS process, including development thereof and the appropriate use of aggregates and catastrophe modelling
- Assist the review and implementation of Risk Appetite methodologies with regard to exposure management, both Talbot and Group (as they pertain to Talbot)
- Help ensure appropriate aggregate controls and reporting exist in order that the company’s aggregate position is accurate and well understood
- Work with IT and others to ensure that at all times the company has (an) appropriate and accurate aggregate data warehouse(s) to hold all aggregate exposures as the basis for syndicate aggregate reporting and to enable underwriters to know the syndicate’s aggregate accumulations at the time of writing each risk
- Provide information from the aggregate monitoring process to assist with the assessment of the financial impact of major events
- Assist with the bi-annual RDS process and annual SBF RDS process including presenting the RDS findings to the appropriate committee. Acting as operator for related risk controls (supported by other analysts)
- Assist with other regulatory reporting requirements including but not limited to; Solvency II ASR 251 (Syndicate and Society), (supported by other analysts)
- Assist when needed with ad-hoc regulatory requests
- Provide information from the aggregate monitoring process to assist with planning
the outwards reinsurance programme.
- Co-ordinate work when required to provide information from the aggregate monitoring process to assist with catastrophe response
- To assist, as appropriate, with the preparation of external catastrophe response information such as Lloyd’s MCR and group reporting
- To provide peer-review including challenging approaches and proposals from other members of the team
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in a relevant role (e.g. Catastrophe Modelling, Exposure Management, Model Vendor)
- Relevant work history (e.g. Catastrophe Modelling, Exposure Management, Model Vendor, Cyber / Casualty specific role)
- Degree in a relevant subject (preferable but not necessary if skills demonstrated elsewhere)
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A