Website Advance Auto Parts
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Advance Auto Parts in Freehold, NJ
About the job
What is a Retail Parts Pro?
Professional level sales position capable of supporting advanced functions of the DIY business. The role has expert knowledge of store systems, advanced automotive system knowledge and part knowledge. This role has the ability for advanced identification, trouble shooting and project assistance for DIY customers. The role has the ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Position is full time.
- Provide GAS2 selling experience for DIY customer visits and phone calls
- Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
- Manage DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Ensure high standards of customer service and store appearance standards
- Key holder responsibilities (task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)
- Assist in store inventory processes including truck put away, shoot outs, cycle counts, back stock, etc.
- Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
- Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Friendly communication
- Ability to locate and stock parts
- Safety knowledge and skills
- Operating inventory systems and store equipment
- Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
- Operating POS and Parts lookup systems
- Expert at testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY services
- ASE P2 certified or ASE ready equivalent
- Advanced solution, project and product quality recommendation ability
- Advanced parts lookup and sourcing
- Advanced selling skills for DIY
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Retail Parts Pro
- Working knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, etc.
- Speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence
- Understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Successfully complete the Parts Knowledge Assessment
- Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel required)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Retail Parts Pro up for Success
3-5 years of prior automotive parts experience
Proven sales ability with past experience in fulfillment of customer transactions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license
ASE Certification Preferred, But Not Required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Company: Advance Auto Parts
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Freehold, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com